Posted to solr-user@lucene.apache.org by Ravish Bhagdev <ra...@gmail.com> on 2012/03/19 15:21:07 UTC

Highlighting matched interesting terms in MoreLikeThisHandler...

Hi All,

I wonder if anyone else has had a requirement similar to this:

I'm using MLT handler to return matching documents, matched on a specific
field which works perfectly.  But I want to be able to show which
interesting terms matched for a given result set.  If there was a way of
listing these terms or having something like snippet highlighting, I would
have been able to do this.  But it seems this is not supported at all as
far as I know?  I came upon following very old thread from 2009 when
looking for solution:

http://mail-archives.apache.org/mod_mbox/lucene-solr-user/200905.mbox/%3Cf3ce8ddb0905010807l14f08470mf7dc961d872f72a1@mail.gmail.com%3E

I wonder if there has been any resolution on this.  Has this been
considered as a new feature request yet?  Anyone else had a similar
requirement that they could find a workaround for?  I believe Autonomy
supports this kind of matching and what matched functionality so it must be
popular requirement...

Thanks,
Ravish