Posted to users@subversion.apache.org by Jonathan Daugherty <cy...@cprogrammer.org> on 2004/12/22 04:38:41 UTC

Hooks

Hello,

I'm trying to set up a post-commit hook.  I have svnserve running in
inetd to serve multiple repositories in /svn:

/svn/repo1/conf
/svn/repo1/hooks
/svn/repo2/conf
/svn/repo2/hooks

In the hooks directories I have an executable (755) script,
"post-commit".  When I commit changes to the repositories involved,
the hook does not appear to run.  Thoughts?

Thanks.

--
  Jonathan Daugherty
  http://www.cprogrammer.org

Re: Hooks

Posted by Jani Averbach <ja...@jaa.iki.fi>.
On 2004-12-21 20:38-0800, Jonathan Daugherty wrote:

> In the hooks directories I have an executable (755) script,
> "post-commit".  When I commit changes to the repositories involved,
> the hook does not appear to run.  Thoughts?

http://subversion.tigris.org/project_faq.html#hook-environment

You could also try something really simple, like

#!/bin/sh
/bin/date >> /tmp/my_hook_log

to see, if the hook really runs or not.

BR, Jani