Posted to dev@solr.apache.org by Haitham Al Abadla <ha...@gmail.com> on 2021/09/28 00:53:40 UTC

Solr API

Hi,

I am using Lucidworks Fusion the interface for Solr and I would like to
automate some of the processes we have at the company such as add business
rules (boosting/ redirecting/ facets.. etc) using Python.

I have seen few docs related to Solr API for Python such as pySolr however,
it not clear if you can add business rules or not, all it says that it
retrieve data.

Can you please guide me to the write direction/ docs that help automate
this?

Best regards,
Haitham

Re: Solr API

Posted by Eric Pugh <ep...@opensourceconnections.com>.
I tend to stay away from any of the language specific libraries, and just use the JSON format for interacting with Solr.   Python can send/recieve JSON formatted requests easily ;-)

> On Sep 27, 2021, at 8:53 PM, Haitham Al Abadla <ha...@gmail.com> wrote:
>
> Hi,
>
> I am using Lucidworks Fusion the interface for Solr and I would like to automate some of the processes we have at the company such as add business rules (boosting/ redirecting/ facets.. etc) using Python.
>
> I have seen few docs related to Solr API for Python such as pySolr however, it not clear if you can add business rules or not, all it says that it retrieve data.
>
> Can you please guide me to the write direction/ docs that help automate this?
>
> Best regards,
> Haitham

Eric Pugh | Founder & CEO | OpenSource Connections, LLC | 434.466.1467 | http://www.opensourceconnections.com <http://www.opensourceconnections.com/> | My Free/Busy <http://tinyurl.com/eric-cal>
Co-Author: Apache Solr Enterprise Search Server, 3rd Ed <https://www.packtpub.com/big-data-and-business-intelligence/apache-solr-enterprise-search-server-third-edition-raw>
This e-mail and all contents, including attachments, is considered to be Company Confidential unless explicitly stated otherwise, regardless of whether attachments are marked as such.