Posted to user@impala.apache.org by Karthik Balasubramanian <ka...@apromore.com> on 2021/04/14 01:12:27 UTC

Installation document

Hi,

I am in the planning stages of an Impala installation on AWS. I wanted to set up HDFS and Impala from scratch. Most of the documentation I found was for Cloudera Impala which seems to be a paid product. Please correct me if I am wrong.

Is there a document which outlines the steps to install Apache Impala and its dependencies from scratch?

Thank you

Karthik

____________________________________

Karthik Balasubramanian
Senior Fullstack Developer

[signature_1393117738]

Gold Coast, Australia
+61 413 136 123
http://apromore.com<http://apromore.com/>

Follow us on LinkedIn<https://www.linkedin.com/company/29373139/admin/>

Re: Installation document

Posted by Jim Apple <jb...@apache.org>.
I can't say I know of any.

When we made the documentation about *Apache* Impala, not *Cloudera* Impala,
we excised some significant portion of the install instructions that were
specific to Cloudera Manager. The instructions now are really more of a
very broad outline, since the CM stuff is (intentionally) missing.

If you succeed and you want to share how you succeeded, we can help add
that to the documentation. I also filed
https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/IMPALA-10659 that this is an issue to
address.