Posted to dev@mxnet.apache.org by Meghna Baijal <me...@gmail.com> on 2017/11/07 20:08:10 UTC

The process for a patch release

Hi All,
A patch release is being planned for Apache MXNet(incubating) to include
some important bug fixes.
I want to confirm that for a patch release, there is no RC and voting step.

Effectively the process looks something like this -

Step 1: Cherrypick all the necessary bugfixes into the existing release
branch.

Step 2: Add a PR to update the version number etc (Example
https://github.com/apache/incubator-mxnet/commit/e0c7906693f0c79b0ce34a4d777c26a6bf1903c1
)

Step 3: Make sure the release branch build passes on builds.apache.jenkins
and nightly tests

Step 4: tag the release branch in GitHub with the release tag - example
0.12.1

Step 5: Download from the repo and checkout the tag, package it and Sign
the src code into 'apache-mxnet-src-0.12.1-incubating'

Step 6: Validate the signatures and test

Step 7: Update the website. (pip and docker release)

Step 8: Upload the src tar to the final destination -
http://www.apache.org/dist/incubator/mxnet/

Step 9: Announce the patch release

Thanks,
Meghna Baijal

Re: The process for a patch release

Posted by Chris Olivier <cj...@gmail.com>.
Thank you for the clarification!  The security release process certainly
makes sense (not to publicly announce security holes).

Posted by Hen <ba...@apache.org>.

Posted by Chris Olivier <cj...@gmail.com>.
Do we need a vote for a critical patch release?

Posted by Chris Olivier <cj...@gmail.com>.
I don’t recall where I heard that. Oh well, no worries. Vote it is.

Posted by Hen <ba...@apache.org>.