Posted to user@commons.apache.org by Phil Steitz <ph...@gmail.com> on 2005/08/31 03:59:36 UTC

[VOTE] Release Commons Math 1.1

Please download and test the (hopefully final) Commons Math 1.1 release
candidate here:

http://people.apache.org/~psteitz/commons-math/1-1-rc2/

The following bug fixes have been made since 1.1 RC1:

* Added protection against numerical overflow and underflow in the
isBracketing method (BZ 36232).
* Fixed division by zero error in rounding methods (BZ 36300).
* Added upper tail cumulative probability method to
HypergeometricDistributionImpl (BZ 36215).
* Added better handling of numerical overflow and division by zero in
Complex calculations (BZ 36205).
* Changed ContinuedFraction to better handle infinite convergents that
resulted in divergent continued fraction evaluations (BZ 36105).
* Changed rounding methods to not rely on BigDecimal conversions which was
causing numerical error (BZ 35904).

There are no open bugs remaining against the 1.1 sources.

Release notes are available here:

http://people.apache.org/~psteitz/commons-math/1-1-rc2/RELEASE-NOTES.txt

Votes, please. The vote will run for 72 hours.

--8<-----------------------------------------------------------------

[ ] +1 Release Math 1.1
[ ] +0 General support but not definitive
[ ] -0 Unhappy about the release but not definitive
[ ] -1 Do not release Math 1.1

Thanks!

Phil

Re: [VOTE] Release Commons Math 1.1

Posted by robert burrell donkin <rd...@apache.org>.
On Tue, 2005-08-30 at 18:59 -0700, Phil Steitz wrote:

> --8<-----------------------------------------------------------------
> [X] +1 Release Math 1.1
> [ ] +0 General support but not definitive
> [ ] -0 Unhappy about the release but not definitive
> [ ] -1 Do not release Math 1.1

- robert

Re: [VOTE] Release Commons Math 1.1

Posted by Dion Gillard <di...@gmail.com>.
Yah, the maven dist plugin really should do this by default.

On 9/2/05, Brent Worden <br...@worden.org> wrote:
> [...]

Bernard Shaw

Re: [VOTE] Release Commons Math 1.1

Posted by Phil Steitz <ph...@gmail.com>.
On 9/1/05, Brent Worden <br...@worden.org> wrote:

> [...]

Thanks, Brent! That does the trick. Unfortunately, there is no clean way to
do it in a pregoal. I have patched the maven dist plugin to take care of it
(MPDIST-27).

Posted by Brent Worden <br...@worden.org>.

Posted by Phil Steitz <ph...@gmail.com>.
On 9/1/05, Stephen Colebourne <sc...@btopenworld.com> wrote:

> Phil Steitz wrote:
> > --8<-----------------------------------------------------------------
> >
> > [ ] +1 Release Math 1.1
> > [ ] +0 General support but not definitive
> > [X] -0 Unhappy about the release but not definitive
> > [ ] -1 Do not release Math 1.1
>
> -0
>
> a) My general point about the JDK the release was compiled under. The
> manifest says 1.4, but I believe [math] targets earlier JDKs.

 That is true, but I compiled the unit tests under 1.3 and they ran
successfully against the release jars. The tests have pretty good path
coverage. The compile target is also set to 1.3. Do you still think it is
necessary to compile using 1.3?

b) text files, including the NOTICE and LICENSE use Unix line endings.
> This is a debated point, but I always prefer to see at least the zips
> use Windows line endings.

 Anyone know how to fix this?

Stephen

Re: [VOTE] Release Commons Math 1.1

Posted by Stephen Colebourne <sc...@btopenworld.com>.

Posted by "J.Pietschmann" <j3...@yahoo.de>.

Posted by John Gant <jo...@gmail.com>.
+1

--
John Gant

Re: [VOTE] Release Commons Math 1.1

Posted by Phil Steitz <ph...@gmail.com>.
Sorry, guys, but I am now seeing 36450 (which showed up just after this VOTE
kicked off) as a show-stopper. I will fix this and roll a new RC (including
line-ending fix) and kick off a new VOTE this weekend.

Phil