Posted to users@httpd.apache.org by Robert McNaught <as...@gmail.com> on 2008/06/27 21:46:25 UTC

[users@httpd] put method cgi script or webdav?

Dear all,

I have been reading through some documentation regarding enabling the
HTTP PUT method.  There is a variety of information on the internet,
although some of it does not seem to match.

I am using Apache/2.0.61 (Unix).

I have added the following to access.conf in my http configuration directory.

Script PUT /cgi-bin/put.pl
<Directory /home/provxip/public_html/>
AllowOverride None
<Limit PUT>
order allow, deny
allow from all
</Limit>
</Directory>

>From what I read, I need to have a put.pl (assuming that it is perl)
file to be run when a client does a PUT request?  If so, how can I get
ahold of such a script.  I have tried googling, and cannot find an
example script.  I am not a programmer so would not have the first
idea how to achieve this...

Also, I have read that having web_dav enabled on your apache server
can bypass this step, since web_dav would enable publishing (which I
assume is the PUT method)?  Does anyone know the simplest way to
achieve this.

Thanks

Robert

Re: [users@httpd] put method cgi script or webdav?

Posted by Christian Huldt <ch...@solvare.se>.
Use webdav för put, mod_dav is included with apache nowadays, i believe
the Script PUT suggestions are quite old.

Robert McNaught skrev:
> Dear all,
>
> I have been reading through some documentation regarding enabling the
> HTTP PUT method.  There is a variety of information on the internet,
> although some of it does not seem to match.
>
> I am using Apache/2.0.61 (Unix).
>
> I have added the following to access.conf in my http configuration directory.
>
> Script PUT /cgi-bin/put.pl
> <Directory /home/provxip/public_html/>
> AllowOverride None
> <Limit PUT>
> order allow, deny
> allow from all
> </Limit>
> </Directory>
>
> From what I read, I need to have a put.pl (assuming that it is perl)
> file to be run when a client does a PUT request?  If so, how can I get
> ahold of such a script.  I have tried googling, and cannot find an
> example script.  I am not a programmer so would not have the first
> idea how to achieve this...
>
> Also, I have read that having web_dav enabled on your apache server
> can bypass this step, since web_dav would enable publishing (which I
> assume is the PUT method)?  Does anyone know the simplest way to
> achieve this.
>
> Thanks
>
> Robert

Christian Huldt