Posted to dev@netbeans.apache.org by Jean-Marc Borer <jm...@gmail.com> on 2018/11/26 12:41:39 UTC

Surefire plugin issue

Hi all,

Guys, we are planning to move away from Ant in favor of Maven. This will
only be possible if the Maven echosystem is properly supported. Currently,
surefire error logs are still broken since 2.19 as I described in
https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/NETBEANS-635

For example with surefire 2.19.1:

[image: image.png]
You can see that when I click on the link, an error message is displayed in
the status bar in the lower left corner.

This was broken in NB 8.2 and still is in NB 9.0

Am I missing something here?

Cheers,

JMB

Re: Surefire plugin issue

Posted by Stig Rohde D��ssing <sr...@apache.org>.
Enrico, it is https://github.com/apache/incubator-netbeans/pull/1042

Re: Surefire plugin issue

Posted by Enrico Olivelli <eo...@gmail.com>.

--

-- Enrico Olivelli

Re: Surefire plugin issue

Posted by Enrico Olivelli <eo...@gmail.com>.
Thank you.

--

-- Enrico Olivelli

Re: Surefire plugin issue

Posted by Jean-Marc Borer <jm...@gmail.com>.

Re: Surefire plugin issue

Posted by Jean-Marc Borer <jm...@gmail.com>.

Re: Surefire plugin issue

Posted by Jean-Marc Borer <jm...@gmail.com>.

Re: Surefire plugin issue

Posted by Jean-Marc Borer <jm...@gmail.com>.

Re: Surefire plugin issue

Re: Surefire plugin issue

Posted by Jean-Marc Borer <jm...@gmail.com>.
I just tried with 2.22.1. It is not working for me

[image: image.png]
                <plugin>
                    <version>2.22.1</version>
                    <configuration>
                        <forkCount>1</forkCount>
                        <reuseForks>false</reuseForks>

<argLine>-Dfile.encoding=${project.build.sourceEncoding}</argLine>
                        <argLine>-Duser.timezone=UTC</argLine>
                        <systemPropertyVariables>
                            <java.awt.headless>true</java.awt.headless>
                        </systemPropertyVariables>
                        <trimStackTrace>false</trimStackTrace>
                    </configuration>
                </plugin>

Any idea why it doesn't work for me?

*Product Version:* Apache NetBeans IDE 9.0 (Build
incubator-netbeans-release-334-on-20180708)

*Java:* 1.8.0_191; Java HotSpot(TM) 64-Bit Server VM 25.191-b12

*Runtime:* Java(TM) SE Runtime Environment 1.8.0_191-b12

*System:* Windows 7 version 6.1 running on amd64; Cp1252; en (nb)

*User directory:* C:\projects\.netbeans\9.0

*Cache directory:* C:\projects\.netbeans\cache\9.0

Re: Surefire plugin issue

Posted by Enrico Olivelli <eo...@gmail.com>.
Jean-Marc
Did you try latest surefire ?

I have no problem with NB 9 + surefire

Enrico

Il lun 26 nov 2018, 13:42 Jean-Marc Borer <jm...@gmail.com> ha scritto:

> Hi all,
>
> Guys, we are planning to move away from Ant in favor of Maven. This will
> only be possible if the Maven echosystem is properly supported. Currently,
> surefire error logs are still broken since 2.19 as I described in
> https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/NETBEANS-635
>
> For example with surefire 2.19.1:
>
> [image: image.png]
> You can see that when I click on the link, an error message is displayed
> in the status bar in the lower left corner.
>
> This was broken in NB 8.2 and still is in NB 9.0
>
> Am I missing something here?
>
> Cheers,
>
> JMB
>
> --