Posted to dev@metron.apache.org by "Zeolla@GMail.com" <ze...@gmail.com> on 2017/09/09 00:52:03 UTC

Unclear recent commit

I was looking through some of the recent commits and I noticed this[1],
anybody know what the back story is there?

1:
https://github.com/apache/metron/commit/c8e84fa3be89901013168d15df38b8a58265148a

Jon
--

Jon

Re: Unclear recent commit

Posted by Casey Stella <ce...@gmail.com>.
That's very weird.

Re: Unclear recent commit

Posted by Otto Fowler <ot...@gmail.com>.
without re-writing my other reply:
I use the prepare-commit into a clean repo every time, so I believe that
this issue
*was* in the apache repo.

On September 8, 2017 at 22:08:02, Casey Stella (cestella@gmail.com) wrote:

My guess is that what happened was otto did a pull of METRON-1061 into his
master, but it wasn't *quite* in sync with master in apache and there was a

Re: Unclear recent commit

Posted by Casey Stella <ce...@gmail.com>.

Re: Unclear recent commit

Posted by Nick Allen <ni...@nickallen.org>.
I don't think this instance is a big deal.  But ideally I think any
changes, including a fix like this, should go through the PR process.

Re: Unclear recent commit

Posted by Casey Stella <ce...@gmail.com>.

Re: Unclear recent commit

Posted by Otto Fowler <ot...@gmail.com>.