Posted to user@spark.apache.org by Juan Rodríguez Hortalá <ju...@gmail.com> on 2014/07/16 11:32:49 UTC

Server IPC version 7 cannot communicate with client version 4 with Spark Streaming 1.0.0 in Java and CH4 quickstart in local mode

Hi,

I'm running a Java program using Spark Streaming 1.0.0 on Cloudera 4.4.0
quickstart virtual machine, with hadoop-client 2.0.0-mr1-cdh4.4.0, which is
the one corresponding to my Hadoop distribution, and that works with other
mapreduce programs, and with the maven property
<hadoop.version>2.0.0-mr1-cdh4.4.0</hadoop.version> configured according to
http://spark.apache.org/docs/latest/hadoop-third-party-distributions.html.
When I set

jssc.checkpoint("hdfs://localhost:8020/user/cloudera/bicing/streaming_checkpoints");

I get a "Server IPC version 7 cannot communicate with client version 4"
running the program in local mode using "local[4]" as master. I have seen
this problem before in other forums like
http://qnalist.com/questions/4957822/hdfs-server-client-ipc-version-mismatch-while-trying-to-access-hdfs-files-using-spark-0-9-1
or http://comments.gmane.org/gmane.comp.lang.scala.spark.user/106 but the
solution is basically setting the property I have already set. I have tried
also with <hadoop-version>2.0.0-cdh4.4.0</hadoop-version> and
<hadoop.major.version>2.0</hadoop.major.version> with no luck.

Could someone help me with this?

Thanks a lot in advance

Greetings,

Juan

Re: Server IPC version 7 cannot communicate with client version 4 with Spark Streaming 1.0.0 in Java and CH4 quickstart in local mode

Posted by Juan Rodríguez Hortalá <ju...@gmail.com>.
Hi Sean,

I was launching the Spark Streaming program from Eclipse, but now I'm
running it with the spark-submit script from the Spark distribution for
CDH4 at http://spark.apache.org/downloads.html, and it works just fine.

Thanks a lot for your help,

Greetings,

Juan