Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by isleofdogs <is...@110.net> on 2001/07/23 22:36:14 UTC

re mod_jserv.so + New Question

At 04:19 AM 7/24/01 +0800, you wrote:
>Hi John,
>
>we have the same question.
>but:
>how to install using the binary ?
>any reqirement on the version of Apache?
>do we need to re build Apache?

I've made a lot of progress.

In my httpsd.com (im running a secure server)
but this will work in httpd.conf I added the following:

LoadModule jk_module /usr/lib/apache/mod_jk.so

<IfModule mod_jk.c>
Include /usr/local/jakarta/jakarta-tomcat-3.2.3/conf/mod_jk.conf-auto
</IfModule>

>From there you need to edit the tomcat config files.

I can run the test servlets on 8080 running the tomcat server
but when I try to run them on my apache+mod_ssl server I get:

I am now getting the following error in the logs:

# tail mod_jk.log
[jk_connect.c (143)]: jk_open_socket, connect() failed errno = 111
[jk_ajp12_worker.c (152)]: In jk_endpoint_t::service, Error sd = -1

(In the browser)
Internal Server Error

to complete your request.

Anyone have any thoughts on why running servlets creates these
errors?

Thanks in advance,
iod

RE: re mod_jserv.so + New Question

Posted by John Bazeley <jo...@ecnetwork.co.nz>.
check server.xml.

Do you have the Ajp13 connection handler activated
(i.e. make sure the following lines exist and are not
commented out)

        <!-- Apache AJP13 support.  -->
        <Connector className="org.apache.tomcat.service.PoolTcpConnector">
            <Parameter name="handler"
       value="org.apache.tomcat.service.connector.Ajp13ConnectionHandler"/>
            <Parameter name="port" value="8009"/>
        </Connector>

(note this was from 3.2.2 - don't imagine it's changed)

Cheers,
--
John