Posted to dev@rocketmq.apache.org by jinrongtong <ji...@apache.org> on 2022/07/11 08:46:34 UTC

[DISCUSS] The code of 5.0.0-beta merge into develop branch

Hi, everyone

I hope you’ve all been doing well. Recently we released the 4.9.4 LTS version. The LTS version is the long-term support version. Subsequent bug fixes will be backported to this version from the trunk in a timely manner.  It is expected that the LTS version will support an 18-month period. We have created a 4.9.x branch, which is used for the long-term repair of bugs in RocketMQ 4.9.x.

On the other hand, many RocketMQ 5.0 new features are in the 5.0-beta branch, including POP Consume, Batch ConsumeQuque, Static topic, Broker Container, etc. I think it is time to merge these features into the trunk. So I start this email thread to discuss with you about merging the code of the 5.0-beta branch into develop branch. All the new features of RocketMQ 5.x will be in the develop branch after the merger.

If you have any suggestions please reply to this email.

Regards,
RongtongJin