Posted to users@maven.apache.org by Rademacher Tobias <To...@grob.de> on 2004/02/03 15:06:46 UTC

Using mutliple testSourceDirs

Hi Folks,

I want to split test Sources into long runners e.g. tests accessing
databases and fast runners e.g MockTests. It's this possible with maven. Any
best practices? How can I run tests into a different source dir as defined
into the POM?

Thx
Toby

Re: Using mutliple testSourceDirs

Posted by Jason van Zyl <jv...@maven.org>.
On Tue, 2004-02-03 at 09:06, Rademacher Tobias wrote:
> Hi Folks,
>
> I want to split test Sources into long runners e.g. tests accessing
> databases and fast runners e.g MockTests. It's this possible with maven. Any
> best practices? How can I run tests into a different source dir as defined
> into the POM?

For my projects I put each of those things in a separate project. I
leave unit tests with their component and the other various kinds of
testing in other projects that depend on the component. Don't try and
circumvent the one test source directory. Take the time and partition
your code and you'll be glad you did in the long run.

> Thx
> Toby

jvz.

Jason van Zyl