Posted to dev@cassandra.apache.org by Mick Semb Wever <mc...@apache.org> on 2022/05/01 16:46:32 UTC

[ANNOUNCE] Apache Cassandra 4.0.4 test artifact available (take2)

The test build of Cassandra 4.0.4 is available.

sha1: 7bfbdaf9c76e527d09edf24fae47dd8216d0a217
Git:
https://gitbox.apache.org/repos/asf?p=cassandra.git;a=shortlog;h=refs/tags/4.0.4-tentative
Maven Artifacts:
https://repository.apache.org/content/repositories/orgapachecassandra-1265/org/apache/cassandra/cassandra-all/4.0.4/

The Source and Build Artifacts, and the Debian and RPM packages and
repositories, are available here:
https://dist.apache.org/repos/dist/dev/cassandra/4.0.4/

A vote of this test build will be initiated within the next couple of days.

[1]: CHANGES.txt:
https://gitbox.apache.org/repos/asf?p=cassandra.git;a=blob_plain;f=CHANGES.txt;hb=refs/tags/4.0.4-tentative
[2]: NEWS.txt:
https://gitbox.apache.org/repos/asf?p=cassandra.git;a=blob_plain;f=NEWS.txt;hb=refs/tags/4.0.4-tentative

[ANNOUNCE] Apache Cassandra 4.0.4 test artifact available (take3)

Posted by Mick Semb Wever <mc...@apache.org>.
> The changelog is wrong. I am fixing and will recut.

The third test build of Cassandra 4.0.4 is available.

sha1: d4dbc932bf415e0ca17c43289147e7733c67d6ab
https://repository.apache.org/content/repositories/orgapachecassandra-1266/org/apache/cassandra/cassandra-all/4.0.4/

Re: [ANNOUNCE] Apache Cassandra 4.0.4 test artifact available (take2)

Posted by Mick Semb Wever <mc...@apache.org>.
> [1]: CHANGES.txt: https://gitbox.apache.org/repos/asf?p=cassandra.git;a=blob_plain;f=CHANGES.txt;hb=refs/tags/4.0.4-tentative

The changelog is wrong. I am fixing and will recut.

FYI everyone, our current process and docs state we don't add the new
version into the CHANGES.txt until the release passes vote and is
published. That is, just keep adding entries to a version number even
if it has a test candidate out) ref:
https://cassandra.apache.org/_/development/release_process.html