Posted to users@httpd.apache.org by Benjamin Adams <ba...@ambrosiasw.com> on 2005/12/08 23:29:31 UTC

[users@httpd] update to php5

I updated to php5...When I run the script in terminal it runs fine
but when I start apache 1.3.33 I get
[warn] Loaded DSO libexec/httpd/libphp5.so uses plain Apache 1.3 API,
this module might crash under EAPI! (please recompile it with -DEAPI)

System is Mac OS X 10.4.3 with php 5.1.1

config options used with php install
./configure --prefix=/usr/local/php --with-apxs --enable-force-cgi-
reidirect --enable-fast-cgi --with-openssl=/usr --with-dom=/usr/local/
php --with-gd --with-mysql --with-mysql-socket=/tmp/mysql.sock --
enable-sockets --enable-wddx --enable-xslt --with-zlib=/usr --with-
xml --with-xmlrpc --enable-exif --enable-wddx --enable-ftp --enable-
mbstring -enable-xslt --with-ldap --with-xml --with-xmlrpc --with-
iodbc=/usr --enable-sockets --enable-dbx --enable-dbase --enable-
trans-sid --with-dom=/usr/local/php --with-dom-xslt=/usr/local/php --
with-dom-exslt=/usr/local/php --with-xslt-sablot=/usr/local/php --
enable-zend-multibyte --enable-maintainer-zts

Reason for updating php4 to php5 is a major speed problem with php4,
in the terminal I see over 1 sec (1/3) increase in better
performance.  But I'm having trouble running it in apache(default
install with Mac OS X 10.4.3)

Should I install apache2 or is there an easy fix to this with out re-
installing apache?
THANKS!!

Re: [users@httpd] update to php5

Posted by Joshua Slive <js...@gmail.com>.
On 12/8/05, Benjamin Adams <ba...@ambrosiasw.com> wrote:
> I updated to php5...When I run the script in terminal it runs fine
> but when I start apache 1.3.33 I get
> [warn] Loaded DSO libexec/httpd/libphp5.so uses plain Apache 1.3 API,
> this module might crash under EAPI! (please recompile it with -DEAPI)

Your apache was compiled with mod_ssl extensions (EAPI), but your php
was not compiled with those extensions.  I'm not a php expert, but are
you sure you are pointing your php ./configure at the correct apache
install?

> Should I install apache2 or is there an easy fix to this with out re-
> installing apache?

This problem would certainly be avoided with apache2 since mod_ssl is
included and doesn't require funky patches.

Joshua.