Posted to dev@maven.apache.org by Grzegorz Słowikowski <gs...@op.pl> on 2006/03/16 16:17:11 UTC

Tomcat POMs

Hi all

I have already prepared all poms for Tomcat 5.5.15 artifacts.
I have some questions about dependencies because some things
can be achieved in more then one way and I don't know
which way is the best. I want to discuss a little with maven team
before I give them to Geronimo team.
Where should I upload them, which project on JIRA?
Does anybody want to discuss about it at all?
For example:
How should I add "xml-apis" and "mx4j"?
All classes from "xml-apis" exist in JDK 1.4, and 1.5. They are not
present in JDK 1.3, but Maven does not work with 1.3, so this is
not a problem (I think). So shoul I add "xml-apis" dependencies
or not?
MX4J is an equivalent for Sun's JMX. JMX exists in JDK 1.5, and does
not exist in JDK 1.4. Shoud MX4J dependency be added in a profile
triggered by <jdk>1.4</jdk> (I don't know if something like "less then 1.5" works)

Greetings

Greg

Re: Tomcat POMs

Posted by Grzegorz Słowikowski <gs...@op.pl>.