Posted to httpclient-users@hc.apache.org by Erick Dovale <ed...@carosys.com> on 2005/12/15 23:57:10 UTC

ServletException with multipart request.

Hello there folks,

I am trying to upload a file to a web app. Our servlet seems to be
working fine as we can upload files from a browser without problems.
When I try to use the httpClient I get the exception pasted below.
I have tried both, 2.0.2 and 3.0-rc4 with the former the exception
exactly the same except for the first line that ends in 8bit as opposed
to binary; which is what i get when 3.0-rc4.
I am sorry if this has been asked before in the list. I searched in the
archives and could not find anything similar to this.

Thanks in advance.

erick.

PD: I am using the sample apps for uploading files.

javax.servlet.ServletException: javax.servlet.ServletException:
java.io.IOException: Malformed line after content type:

    at
com.jeevesserver.form.DailyActLogUpload.DailyActLogUploadServlet.callGenerate(DailyActLogUploadServlet.java:136)

    at
com.jeevesserver.form.DailyActLogUpload.DailyActLogUploadServlet.doPost(DailyActLogUploadServlet.java:86)

    at javax.servlet.http.HttpServlet.service(HttpServlet.java:716)

    at javax.servlet.http.HttpServlet.service(HttpServlet.java:809)

    at
org.apache.catalina.core.ApplicationFilterChain.internalDoFilter(ApplicationFilterChain.java:200)

    at
org.apache.catalina.core.ApplicationFilterChain.doFilter(ApplicationFilterChain.java:146)

    at
org.apache.catalina.core.StandardWrapperValve.invoke(StandardWrapperValve.java:209)

    at
org.apache.catalina.core.StandardPipeline$StandardPipelineValveContext.invokeNext(StandardPipeline.java:596)

    at
org.apache.catalina.core.StandardPipeline.invoke(StandardPipeline.java:433)

    at org.apache.catalina.core.ContainerBase.invoke(ContainerBase.java:948)

    at
org.apache.catalina.core.StandardContextValve.invoke(StandardContextValve.java:144)

    at
org.apache.catalina.core.StandardPipeline$StandardPipelineValveContext.invokeNext(StandardPipeline.java:596)

    at
org.apache.catalina.core.StandardPipeline.invoke(StandardPipeline.java:433)

    at org.apache.catalina.core.ContainerBase.invoke(ContainerBase.java:948)

    at
org.apache.catalina.core.StandardContext.invoke(StandardContext.java:2358)

    at
org.apache.catalina.core.StandardHostValve.invoke(StandardHostValve.java:133)

    at
org.apache.catalina.core.StandardPipeline$StandardPipelineValveContext.invokeNext(StandardPipeline.java:596)

    at
org.apache.catalina.valves.ErrorDispatcherValve.invoke(ErrorDispatcherValve.java:118)

    at
org.apache.catalina.core.StandardPipeline$StandardPipelineValveContext.invokeNext(StandardPipeline.java:594)

    at
org.apache.catalina.valves.ErrorReportValve.invoke(ErrorReportValve.java:116)

    at
org.apache.catalina.core.StandardPipeline$StandardPipelineValveContext.invokeNext(StandardPipeline.java:594)

    at
org.apache.catalina.core.StandardPipeline.invoke(StandardPipeline.java:433)

    at org.apache.catalina.core.ContainerBase.invoke(ContainerBase.java:948)

    at
org.apache.catalina.core.StandardEngineValve.invoke(StandardEngineValve.java:127)

    at
org.apache.catalina.core.StandardPipeline$StandardPipelineValveContext.invokeNext(StandardPipeline.java:596)

    at
org.apache.catalina.core.StandardPipeline.invoke(StandardPipeline.java:433)

    at org.apache.catalina.core.ContainerBase.invoke(ContainerBase.java:948)

    at
org.apache.catalina.connector.http.HttpProcessor.process(HttpProcessor.java:994)

    at
org.apache.catalina.connector.http.HttpProcessor.run(HttpProcessor.java:1105)

    at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:534)

Re: ServletException with multipart request.

Posted by Erick Dovale <ed...@carosys.com>.
Thanks a lot Oleg,
it is working perfect now...

cheers,