Posted to dev@subversion.apache.org by Vivek <vi...@collab.net> on 2005/04/09 04:58:38 UTC

not sure abt this...

Hi all,
       I am a new member who joined the development team this week. I
was just going through the command line svn client and I tried the
command:
	svn list
  works fine.
        svn list -R
  nothing!!
(The listing contains a small number of files and it should not take
this long to complete...)
Killed the process...
The message that I got was:
subversion/clients/cmdline/main.c:786: (apr_err=200015)
svn: Caught signal
Any clue to this?
Vivek

Re: not sure abt this...

Posted by kf...@collab.net.
John Szakmeister <jo...@szakmeister.net> writes:
> >        I am a new member who joined the development team this week. I
> > was just going through the command line svn client and I tried the
> > command:
> > 	svn list
> >   works fine.
> >         svn list -R
> >   nothing!!
> > (The listing contains a small number of files and it should not take
> > this long to complete...)
> > Killed the process...
> > The message that I got was:
> > subversion/clients/cmdline/main.c:786: (apr_err=200015)
> > svn: Caught signal
> > Any clue to this?
>
> This sort of question is better asked on the users@subversion.tigris.org
> list.  The dev@ list is strictly for development, which this does not
> involve.
>
> When you post there, please include more information about your setup (the
> version of the client, which RA you're using to communicate to the
> repository, and a script of the commands that led up to the point where
> you got the error).

I'm not so sure -- he might be reporting a bug.  Vivek, what working
copy tree did you run 'svn list -R' inside?  How many files and
subdirectories does it have?  How long did you wait before
interrupting?

I just did 'svn ls -R' inside the Subversion trunk tree.  It took
longer than I liked (26 seconds), but it did complete successfully.

-Karl

Re: not sure abt this...

Posted by John Szakmeister <jo...@szakmeister.net>.
On Saturday 09 April 2005 00:58, Vivek wrote:
> Hi all,
>        I am a new member who joined the development team this week. I
> was just going through the command line svn client and I tried the
> command:
> 	svn list
>   works fine.
>         svn list -R
>   nothing!!
> (The listing contains a small number of files and it should not take
> this long to complete...)
> Killed the process...
> The message that I got was:
> subversion/clients/cmdline/main.c:786: (apr_err=200015)
> svn: Caught signal
> Any clue to this?

This sort of question is better asked on the users@subversion.tigris.org
list.  The dev@ list is strictly for development, which this does not
involve.

When you post there, please include more information about your setup (the
version of the client, which RA you're using to communicate to the
repository, and a script of the commands that led up to the point where
you got the error).

-John