Posted to users@zeppelin.apache.org by "Johnny W." <jz...@gmail.com> on 2016/04/02 07:23:14 UTC

Re: Zeppelin Dashboards

Hello Ashish,

I am not sure about whether you how advanced dashboards you want to build,
but we had some great experience building simple dashboards using dynamic
forms and rest APIs. Hope these links can help you:
--
https://zeppelin.incubator.apache.org/docs/0.6.0-incubating-SNAPSHOT/manual/dynamicform.html
https://zeppelin.incubator.apache.org/docs/0.6.0-incubating-SNAPSHOT/rest-api/rest-notebook.html

moon's example of programmatic graph configuration:
https://www.zeppelinhub.com/viewer/notebooks/aHR0cHM6Ly9yYXcuZ2l0aHVidXNlcmNvbnRlbnQuY29tL0xlZW1vb25zb28vemVwcGVsaW4tZXhhbXBsZXMvbWFzdGVyLzJCOFhRVUM1Qi9ub3RlLmpzb24

rest API example:
https://www.zeppelinhub.com/viewer/notebooks/aHR0cHM6Ly9yYXcuZ2l0aHVidXNlcmNvbnRlbnQuY29tL3pob25nbmV1L215LXplcHBlbGluLW5vdGVzL21hc3Rlci8yQkNBSjZHVkEvbm90ZS5qc29u

An example of dropdown menu/autocomplete:
https://www.zeppelinhub.com/viewer/notebooks/aHR0cHM6Ly9yYXcuZ2l0aHVidXNlcmNvbnRlbnQuY29tL2Nvcm5lYWRvdWcvWmVwcGVsaW4tTm90ZWJvb2tzL21hc3Rlci9BdXRvLUNvbXBsZXRlLU11bHRpU2VsZWN0L25vdGUuanNvbg

Thanks,
Johnny

Re: Zeppelin Dashboards

Posted by ashish rawat <dc...@gmail.com>.
Thanks Moon. This should be a good starting point. The functionality I
require is that I should be able to control the size and shape of different
instances of each component. It's my assumption that currently, one can
only control the size n shape of all instances collectively.

UX folks from my team would be exploring the possibilities in this area.

Regards,
Ashish

Re: Zeppelin Dashboards

Posted by ashish rawat <dc...@gmail.com>.
Not in the first cut, but eventually yes. Currently, the charts only update
on rerunning the queries. What are the additional complexities in achieving
that?

Regards,
Ashish

Re: Zeppelin Dashboards