Posted to user@hadoop.apache.org by "Brian C. Huffman" <bh...@etinternational.com> on 2014/08/22 16:56:16 UTC

Hadoop 2.5.0 - HDFS browser-based file view

All,

I noticed that that on Hadoop 2.5.0, when browsing the HDFS filesystem
on port 50070, you can't view a file in the browser. Clicking a file
gives a little popup with metadata and a download link. Can HDFS be
configured to show plaintext file contents in the browser?

Thanks,
Brian

Re: Hadoop 2.5.0 - HDFS browser-based file view

Posted by "Brian C. Huffman" <bh...@etinternational.com>.
For normal use, yes.  For development, it's useful to start small and be
able to quickly see the output.

It's certainly not a major issue.  I just didn't know if there was a
config option to change the behavior.

Thanks,
Brian

Posted by "Brian C. Huffman" <bh...@etinternational.com>.

Posted by "Brian C. Huffman" <bh...@etinternational.com>.

Posted by "Brian C. Huffman" <bh...@etinternational.com>.

Posted by Stanley Shi <ss...@pivotal.io>.

bhuffman@etinternational.com> wrote:

> All,
>
> I noticed that that on Hadoop 2.5.0, when browsing the HDFS filesystem on
> port 50070, you can't view a file in the browser. Clicking a file gives a
> little popup with metadata and a download link. Can HDFS be configured to
> show plaintext file contents in the browser?
>
> Thanks,
> Brian

*Stanley Shi,*

Re: Hadoop 2.5.0 - HDFS browser-based file view

Posted by Stanley Shi <ss...@pivotal.io>.
Normally files in HDFS are intended to be quite big, it's not very easy to
be shown in the browser.

On Fri, Aug 22, 2014 at 10:56 PM, Brian C. Huffman <
bhuffman@etinternational.com> wrote:

> All,
>
> I noticed that that on Hadoop 2.5.0, when browsing the HDFS filesystem on
> port 50070, you can't view a file in the browser. Clicking a file gives a
> little popup with metadata and a download link. Can HDFS be configured to
> show plaintext file contents in the browser?
>
> Thanks,
> Brian

*Stanley Shi,*

Re: Hadoop 2.5.0 - HDFS browser-based file view

Posted by Stanley Shi <ss...@pivotal.io>.
Normally files in HDFS are intended to be quite big, it's not very easy to
be shown in the browser.

On Fri, Aug 22, 2014 at 10:56 PM, Brian C. Huffman <
bhuffman@etinternational.com> wrote:

> All,
>
> I noticed that that on Hadoop 2.5.0, when browsing the HDFS filesystem on
> port 50070, you can't view a file in the browser. Clicking a file gives a
> little popup with metadata and a download link. Can HDFS be configured to
> show plaintext file contents in the browser?
>
> Thanks,
> Brian

*Stanley Shi,*

Re: Hadoop 2.5.0 - HDFS browser-based file view

Posted by Stanley Shi <ss...@pivotal.io>.
Normally files in HDFS are intended to be quite big, it's not very easy to
be shown in the browser.

On Fri, Aug 22, 2014 at 10:56 PM, Brian C. Huffman <
bhuffman@etinternational.com> wrote:

> All,
>
> I noticed that that on Hadoop 2.5.0, when browsing the HDFS filesystem on
> port 50070, you can't view a file in the browser. Clicking a file gives a
> little popup with metadata and a download link. Can HDFS be configured to
> show plaintext file contents in the browser?
>
> Thanks,
> Brian

*Stanley Shi,*