Posted to dev@uima.apache.org by Marshall Schor <ms...@schor.com> on 2010/12/06 17:39:58 UTC

quarterly status report due at end of this week.

The major things I hope to report are:

1) release of uima-sdk (this depends on our voting it out, of course)

2) ~ 100 Jiras entered / resolved

3) Jira entered for checking trademark / branding, but no investigation yet
(required item in board report).

4) Mailing list remains active; several people trying out new things (and
sometimes reporting issues).

Anything else we want to report to the board?

-Marshall

Re: quarterly status report due at end of this week.

Posted by Tommaso Teofili <to...@gmail.com>.
2010/12/6 Marshall Schor <ms...@schor.com>

> On 12/6/2010 11:41 AM, Tommaso Teofili wrote:
> > integrations plans with Solr and new incubating Stanbol?
> >
> > 2010/12/6 Marshall Schor <ms...@schor.com>
> >

> Good idea - can you write a few sentences on this?

sure.

A patch to enrich documents indexed in Solr with UIMA pipelines has been
provided [1] as well as a new component to consume UIMA annotations inside a
Solr instance has been proposed for inclusion in the sandbox.

Stanbol is planning to use UIMA inside two of its modules: FISE for semantic
content enrichment [2] and Rick an infrastructure to handle content and
knowledge [3]

Cheers,
Tommaso

p.s.:
some of the references are from IKS project website that is migrating
everything to Apache infra

[1] : https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/SOLR-2129
[2] : http://wiki.iks-project.eu/index.php/FISE
[3] : http://wiki.iks-project.eu/index.php/RICK