Posted to dev@spark.apache.org by Ron Gonzalez <zl...@yahoo.com.INVALID> on 2014/08/06 21:29:21 UTC

Buidling spark in Eclipse Kepler

Hi,
  I'm trying to get the apache spark trunk compiling in my Eclipse, but I can't seem to get it going. In particular, I've tried sbt/sbt eclipse, but it doesn't seem to create the eclipse pieces for yarn and other projects. Doing mvn eclipse:eclipse on yarn seems to fail as well as sbt/sbt eclipse just for yarn fails. Is there some documentation available for eclipse? I've gone through the ones on the site, but to no avail.
  Any tips?

Thanks,
Ron

Re: Buidling spark in Eclipse Kepler

Posted by Ron Gonzalez <zl...@yahoo.com.INVALID>.
Ok I'll give it a little more time, and if I can't get it going, I'll switch. I am indeed a little disappointed in the Scala IDE plugin for Eclipse so I think switching to IntelliJ might be my best bet.

Thanks,
Ron

Sent from my iPad

Posted by Sean Owen <so...@cloudera.com>.

Posted by Ron Gonzalez <zl...@yahoo.com.INVALID>.
So I opened it as a maven project (I opened it using the top-level pom.xml file), but rebuilding the project ends up in all sorts of errors about unresolved dependencies.

Thanks,
Ron

On Wednesday, August 6, 2014 11:15 PM, Sean Owen <so...@cloudera.com> wrote:

(Don't use gen-idea, just open it directly as a Maven project in IntelliJ.)

Posted by Sean Owen <so...@cloudera.com>.

Posted by Ron Gonzalez <zl...@yahoo.com.INVALID>.
Thanks, will give that a try.

Sent from my iPad

Posted by DB Tsai <db...@dbtsai.com>.

Posted by Madhu <ma...@madhu.com>.
Ron,

I was able to build core in Eclipse following these steps:

https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/SPARK/Contributing+to+Spark#ContributingtoSpark-Eclipse

I was working only on core, so I know that works in Eclipse Juno.
I haven't tried yarn or other Eclipse releases.
Are you able to build *core* in Eclipse Kepler?

In my view, tool independence is a good thing.
I'll do what I can to support Eclipse.

-----
--
Madhu