Posted to xmlrpc-dev@ws.apache.org by Hanno Wiegard <hw...@voiceobjects.com> on 2003/03/14 17:39:54 UTC

JVM_Bind exception when calling setupServerSocket in the WebServer

Hi,

I've started using the beta 1 of the xmlrpc server with our software (before we used version 1.1). First I've found out that the constuctor of WebServer does not throw an IOException anymore and that a JVM_Bind exception is thrown after calling the start method of the WebServer when the requested port is already occupied (after ten attempts). Then I thought of moving our code for retrying/scanning for a free port next to the code calling the start method, but because the WebServer thread is already started, catching the exception is not that easy. From my point of view it would be easier for the user of the WebServer if the constructor throws the exception again and a setPort method is added to the WebServer. Do you think this is possible or are there other side effects?

Thanks,
Hanno