Posted to users@cocoon.apache.org by Johannes Lichtenberger <Jo...@uni-konstanz.de> on 2009/12/06 22:39:37 UTC

configuring Jetty to log into a file

Well, it's maybe not really cocoon specific, but I use mvn jetty:run to
run jetty and I'm getting an Error in a recursive function so the stack
trace is too long to follow in my shell. Does perhaps someone know how
to configure jetty to log stacktraces in a file?

greetings,
Johannes

Re: configuring Jetty to log into a file

Posted by Johannes Lichtenberger <Jo...@uni-konstanz.de>.
On Mon, 2009-12-07 at 06:52 +0100, Jos Snellings wrote:
> Look for any log4j.xml or log4j.properties in the classpath.
> There is a log4j.xml in the cocoon samples
> in ./rcl-config/WEB-INF/log4j.xml. A log file is created in  <param
> name="File" value="./target/work/log/cocoon.log"/>
> Jos

Hello Jos,

I've seen the file before but it's somehow strange, the errors are still
shown on STDOUT but not in the logfile:

	at
org.treetank.cocoon.generating.GoogleEarthGenerator.skip(GoogleEarthGenerator.java:174)
	at
org.treetank.cocoon.generating.GoogleEarthGenerator.skip(GoogleEarthGenerator.java:174)
	at
org.treetank.cocoon.generating.GoogleEarthGenerator.skip(GoogleEarthGenerator.java:174)
	at
org.treetank.cocoon.generating.GoogleEarthGenerator.skip(GoogleEarthGenerator.java:174)

so many of those that I don't get the source of the exception (the line
mentioned - 174 - is a recursive call of skip(...). It can't be a loop
which doesn't terminate (at least I honestly think so, because the
cursor moves forward in the xml file).

Posted by Jos Snellings <Jo...@pandora.be>.