Posted to dev@iotdb.apache.org by Julian Feinauer <j....@pragmaticminds.de> on 2020/05/14 09:00:27 UTC

[DISCUSSION] IoTDB Online Community Meetup

Hi folks,

as discussed in the other thread I want to start a discussion here.
I would love to have a online meetup with all of you guys and it would surely also interetsting for all the „newer“ contributors, comitters and PPMCs we have.
As the community is pretty Chinese-centered at the moment I would like to hear your opinions on whether you would prefer a meetup in Chinese first hand or if everybody feels fluent enough to do it in english.
Of course I would prefer english but if many people do not feel „comfortable“ and do not properly understand things then Chinese is better fort he commuity.
Or we do both.

What are your thoughts? Chinese Meetup, English Meetup, Both?

Julian

Re: [DISCUSSION] IoTDB Online Community Meetup

Posted by Xin Wang <da...@gmail.com>.
Thanks Julian for your good idea.
I'm +1 on both since we have both chinese and english users/contributors .
Other projects like Flink have similar meetups(some chinese topics and some
english topics).

Julian Feinauer <j....@pragmaticminds.de> 于2020年5月14日周四 下午5:00写道:

> Hi folks,
>
> as discussed in the other thread I want to start a discussion here.
> I would love to have a online meetup with all of you guys and it would
> surely also interetsting for all the „newer“ contributors, comitters and
> PPMCs we have.
> As the community is pretty Chinese-centered at the moment I would like to
> hear your opinions on whether you would prefer a meetup in Chinese first
> hand or if everybody feels fluent enough to do it in english.
> Of course I would prefer english but if many people do not feel
> „comfortable“ and do not properly understand things then Chinese is better
> fort he commuity.
> Or we do both.
>
> What are your thoughts? Chinese Meetup, English Meetup, Both?
>
> Julian

Xin

Re: [DISCUSSION] IoTDB Online Community Meetup

Posted by Dawei Liu <at...@163.com>.
You're amazing.

ehr gut, sehr beeindruckend

On 5/14/2020 20:56,Julian Feinauer<j....@pragmaticminds.de> wrote:
Yes, I learned that there is a lot of subtility in it as ròu (肉) really means meat.. but not all kinds. And fish is something different (Yù, 鱼) and and and... (

Am 14.05.20, 14:52 schrieb "Dawei Liu" <at...@163.com>:

Hi ,
or ask if theres some meat in something...
鱼香肉丝

haha...
I'm looking forward to seeing you all.
On 5/14/2020 19:33,Julian Feinauer<j....@pragmaticminds.de> wrote:
Hi,

regarding the Webinar we could happily do a Chinese Version if you like, Xiangdong (but all I can contribute in Chinese ist o order a beer or ask if theres some meat in something... thats about all I know in Chinese).
And yes, good idea to just gather some content and then let the audience choose.

I emphasize the chinese point so much as I know that there are people in the community that do not feel comfortable with their english and I would like to have them participate as well.

Julian

Am 14.05.20, 12:56 schrieb "Xiangdong Huang" <sa...@gmail.com>:

Hi,

We can list all presentation subjects first (in English), open
the registration, and then let the audients choose which presentations they
want to listen to.

Then, for each topic, using Chinese or English depends on where the
audients come from.

The slides can be in English anyway.

Or, we can learn what Julian did in his webinar, one day in English and
another day in Chinese.

Best,
-----------------------------------
Xiangdong Huang
School of Software, Tsinghua University

黄向东
清华大学 软件学院

Dawei Liu <at...@163.com> 于2020年5月14日周四 下午5:26写道:

Hi Julian,

My English is very poor, but I respect the opinions and Suggestions of
most people.

+ 0

Posted by Julian Feinauer <j....@pragmaticminds.de>.

Posted by Dawei Liu <at...@163.com>.