Posted to jetspeed-dev@portals.apache.org by "sumit.tripathi" <su...@e-zest.net> on 2007/05/30 12:25:35 UTC

jetspeed2.0 tables

hi,
after installing jetspeed2.0 I found that jetspeed has created tables in
MySql database such as security_principal, security_user_role etc.. Now I
have queries::
1. security_user_role contains foreign keys constraints which are pointed to
security_principal ??
2. I see the  table security_user_role filled with roles and users but
security_role only has few roles. When I open new roles in which table they
are added?. Basically my plan is to connect the composite
key(user_id+role_id)  to security_principal, and security_role.Is this
possible?
3.I want to get  the value of principal_id  for the logged-in user. But
getUserPrincipal() gives me the username in string.How to get that?

Re: jetspeed2.0 tables

Posted by David Sean Taylor <da...@bluesunrise.com>.
On May 30, 2007, at 3:25 AM, sumit.tripathi wrote:

> hi,
> after installing jetspeed2.0 I found that jetspeed has created
> tables in
> MySql database such as security_principal, security_user_role etc..
> Now I
> have queries::
> 1. security_user_role contains foreign keys constraints which are
> pointed to
> security_principal ??

yes

> 2. I see the  table security_user_role filled with roles and users but
> security_role only has few roles. When I open new roles in which
> table they
> are added?. Basically my plan is to connect the composite
> key(user_id+role_id)  to security_principal, and security_role.Is this
> possible?

Take a look at the SECURITY_PRINCIPAL table

> 3.I want to get  the value of principal_id  for the logged-in user.
> But
> getUserPrincipal() gives me the username in string.How to get that?

Sounds like we don't make the object id (implementation) available in
the interfaces

NOTE: I am not too happy with the current schema. In 2.2 I hope to
normalize it more, as this model is not good for joining at the
relational level
Most notably I don't like the FULL_PATH column of the
SECURITY_PRINCIPAL table