Posted to dev@subversion.apache.org by Julian Foad <ju...@btopenworld.com> on 2009/05/16 16:45:02 UTC

I've been unsubscribed from svn-full-committers today... but why?

I just received an email with no body, and with the main headers being:

From: svn-full-committers-bounces@red-bean.com
To: [my email address]
list
Date: Sat, 16 May 2009 01:03:03 -0500  (08:03 CEST)

I haven't requested unsubscription or been touching subscriptions or
list settings, or changing my email address. So does anybody know why?

- Julian

Posted by Arfrever Frehtes Taifersar Arahesis <Ar...@GMail.Com>.
This problem has been fixed:

[18:57:19] <Arfrever> Who has access to the script which manages subscriptions to svn-full-committers mailing list?
[19:26:45] <@kfogel> Arfrever: I do
[19:26:50] <@kfogel> Arfrever: something wrong?
[19:27:32] <Arfrever> kfogel: This script shouldn't unsubscribe everybody when accessing the COMMITTERS file fails.
[19:27:50] <@kfogel> Arfrever: I agree :-).
[19:27:52] <@kfogel> Did it do that?
[19:28:04] <Arfrever> http://svn.haxx.se/dev/archive-2009-05/0343.shtml
[19:29:14] <@kfogel> Arfrever: looking into it
[19:46:44] <beanbot> kfogel r2245 red-bean * usr/local/bin/mk-svn-full-committers.py: Don't write out an empty list.  Instead, make sure there are some committer addresses first!
[19:47:04] <@kfogel> Arfrever: ^^
[19:47:20] <Arfrever> kfogel: Thanks.

--
Arfrever Frehtes Taifersar Arahesis

Posted by Arfrever Frehtes Taifersar Arahesis <Ar...@GMail.Com>.
2009-05-16 18:45:02 Julian Foad napisał(a):
> I just received an email with no body, and with the main headers being:
>
> From: svn-full-committers-bounces@red-bean.com
> To: [my email address]
> list
> Date: Sat, 16 May 2009 01:03:03 -0500  (08:03 CEST)
>

> I haven't requested unsubscription or been touching subscriptions or
> list settings, or changing my email address. So does anybody know why?

The script, which manages subscriptions to svn-full-committers mailing list,
gets the list of full committers from the COMMITTERS file. Unfortunately
this script assumes that there are no full committers, when accessing the
COMMITTERS file fails when svn.collab.net is unaccessible.

--
Arfrever Frehtes Taifersar Arahesis

Posted by Julian Foad <ju...@btopenworld.com>.
Karl Fogel wrote:
> Stefan Sperling <st...@elego.de> writes:
> > Julian Foad writes:
> >> I haven't requested unsubscription or been touching subscriptions or
> >> list settings, or changing my email address. So does anybody know why?
> >
> > Same here, I got the same message.
> >
> > I guess it's the cronjob having lost access to the COMMITTERS file again
> > for some reason and unsubscribing everyone. This has happened before.
>
> I've fixed the script so that this won't happen in the future, and have
> regenerated the list.

Thanks, Karl.

I confirm I have been re-subscribed.

- Julian

Posted by Karl Fogel <kf...@red-bean.com>.

Re: I've been unsubscribed from svn-full-committers today... but why?

Posted by "Hyrum K. Wright" <hy...@hyrumwright.org>.
On May 16, 2009, at 11:56 AM, Stefan Sperling wrote:

> On Sat, May 16, 2009 at 06:45:02PM +0200, Julian Foad wrote:
>> I just received an email with no body, and with the main headers
>> being:
>>
>> From: svn-full-committers-bounces@red-bean.com
>> To: [my email address]
>> mailing
>> list
>> Date: Sat, 16 May 2009 01:03:03 -0500  (08:03 CEST)
>>

>> I haven't requested unsubscription or been touching subscriptions or
>> list settings, or changing my email address. So does anybody know
>> why?
>>
>> - Julian
>
> Same here, I got the same message.
>
> I guess it's the cronjob having lost access to the COMMITTERS file
> again
> for some reason and unsubscribing everyone. This has happened before.

I'd guess that that reason was svn.collab.net being down for
maintenance last night.  I discovered this when trying to access the
repo yesterday evening.

I know that there's a lot that goes in to planning such maintenance
windows, but would it be possible to receive some kind of advance
warning when s.c.n goes down, especially when such maintenance is
planned?  (Or did I just miss the memo...)

-Hyrum

Posted by Stefan Sperling <st...@elego.de>.
On Sat, May 16, 2009 at 06:45:02PM +0200, Julian Foad wrote:
> I just received an email with no body, and with the main headers being:
>
> From: svn-full-committers-bounces@red-bean.com
> To: [my email address]
> list
> Date: Sat, 16 May 2009 01:03:03 -0500  (08:03 CEST)
>

> I haven't requested unsubscription or been touching subscriptions or
> list settings, or changing my email address. So does anybody know why?
>
> - Julian

Same here, I got the same message.

I guess it's the cronjob having lost access to the COMMITTERS file again
for some reason and unsubscribing everyone. This has happened before.

Stefan

Re: I've been unsubscribed from svn-full-committers today... but why?

Posted by Mark Phippard <ma...@gmail.com>.
Me too.  Probably a red-bean problem.

--
Thanks