Posted to dev@ripple.apache.org by Hadrien TULIPE <ha...@gmail.com> on 2013/09/19 23:39:15 UTC

Support of Cordova 3.0.0

Hi there,

I understood that help could be welcome for cordova 3 support.
I'd like to know if there is anything I can do to help you with that I
never worked on Chrome extensions but I'm quite used to Javascript/HTML
stuff.

Let me know. For the record I'm at GMT+2

Cheers

Re: Support of Cordova 3.0.0

Posted by Gord Tanner <gt...@gmail.com>.
So I added support for running `ripple emulate` on a cordova 3.0 directory
[1].  There is still some work to do on it as right now it assumes that
they have an android platform.

Todo on it:
- handle different platforms (preparing and navigating to correct hosting
folder)
- handle selection of platfom based on query string
- open browser

- Double check existing API support (MobileSpec review)

We should ensure that our test count for Cordova's mobile spec [2] stays
the roughly the same between Cordova 2.X and Cordova 3.X. Any more tests
that we can pass during this review is awesome.

- Using the correct platform javascript / resources based on the selected
device (would be nice).

I will be handling this with my work mentioned above.

Things are starting to get close!

[1] -
https://git-wip-us.apache.org/repos/asf?p=incubator-ripple.git;a=commitdiff;h=af934027bc2ec7f7761f8c25fc1765934fafb6a5
[2] - https://github.com/apache/cordova-mobile-spec

Re: Support of Cordova 3.0.0

Posted by Hadrien TULIPE <ha...@gmail.com>.

Re: Support of Cordova 3.0.0

Posted by Hadrien TULIPE <ha...@gmail.com>.

Re: Support of Cordova 3.0.0

Posted by Gord Tanner <gt...@gmail.com>.
Hey Hadrien,

Re: Support of Cordova 3.0.0

Posted by Gord Tanner <gt...@gmail.com>.
Sounds awesome.

Re: Support of Cordova 3.0.0

Posted by Hadrien TULIPE <ha...@gmail.com>.

Re: Support of Cordova 3.0.0

Posted by Gord Tanner <gt...@gmail.com>.
That is still doing an XHR call.  I am attempting to inject the following
into the DOM:

<iframe src="http://someotherserver.com"></iframe>

which is giving me the CORS issue.

Ripple overrides the XMLHttpRequest object from under you which allows us
to fake the request by going to our proxy, we can't do that for injected
DOM content.

Re: Support of Cordova 3.0.0

Posted by Raymond Camden <ra...@gmail.com>.

Re: Support of Cordova 3.0.0