Posted to fop-users@xmlgraphics.apache.org by Michael Reiche <re...@image.dk> on 2003/05/01 20:31:11 UTC

XSL GUI designer with FOP or other engine

Anyone using a GUI designer with FOP?

Or possible with another XSL-FO renderer?

--
Michael Reiche <re...@image.dk>

Re: XSL GUI designer with FOP or other engine

Posted by Michael Reiche <re...@image.dk>.
On tor, 2003-05-01 at 21:25, Clay Leeds wrote:
> Have you tried the new & improved FOP Resources page?
>
>   http://xml.apache.org/fop/resources.html

Have been there...

> While there you'll be treated to a wonderful spa and massage, as well as
> the beautiful and fabulous Formatting Objects Authoring tool:
>
>   http://foa.sourceforge.net/

A designer yes. But I was looking for a GUI designer in the WYSIWYG or
WYSINWYG style, looks usable though..

> This isn't on the Resources page yet, but there's also Scruffy
> Software's FOEditor for Mac OS X:
>
>   http://www.scruffyware.com/products/foeditor/

Looks interesting. The site could use some screenshoots IMHO, but my
world does not include Mac's - mostly AIX/Linux/Win32

> ;-p
>
> p.s. As for me, I use a combination of XMLSpy/BBEdit & Acrobat Reader
> myself (the ol' CODE, RENDER, TWEAK, REPEAT trick!). I tried to get into
> the FOA thing, but found I liked the control of a text editor. Anyone
> use FOA?

I did install a trial version of XMLSpy, and it has a lot of
functionality, but I never found some WYSIWYG designer mode - did  I
overlook it?

I have been playing around with Scriptura:

http://www.inventivedesigners.com/products/scriptura.html

But it doesn't really play along with FOP (they have their own
renderer), and I am trying to find my alternatives.

Posted by Clay Leeds <cl...@medata.com>.

Clay Leeds - cleeds@medata.com