Posted to users@tapestry.apache.org by Ken in Nashua <kc...@live.com> on 2013/04/13 01:01:18 UTC

color picker

Hi Folks,

I would like to use the JQuery color picker.

http://www.eyecon.ro/colorpicker/#implement

Is there a tapestry version implemented ?

I dont want to touch any javascript and I am not sure there is proper support to integrate this in tap-5.3.6 yet.

Looking for a graceful color picker.

Thanks for any tips

Ken

Re: color picker

Posted by René Bernhardsgrütter <re...@gmail.com>.
Hi Ken,

> I would like to use the JQuery color picker.
>
> http://www.eyecon.ro/colorpicker/#implement
>
> Is there a tapestry version implemented ?

I don't think so, since this JS doesn't have to do anything with
Tapestry (except the use of the $-sign in JavaScript).

Just implement it as any other JS code.
To make jQuery work, you have to add 'jQuery.noConflict();' at the end
of the jquery-file, see here:
https://wiki.apache.org/tapestry/Tapestry5HowToIntegrateJQuery

I would recommend to replace all '$' in the color-picker JS files with
'jQuery' (except the ones that aren't used for jQuery). Probably it
would not be necessary, but this way you can be sure the '$' is not in
conflict with Prototype.

> I dont want to touch any javascript and I am not sure there is proper support to integrate this in tap-5.3.6 yet.

Well, I'm afraid you have to... ;-)

Regards,
René

--
PlainTray: the simple data tray - Daten unkompliziert zwischen Geräten übertragen.
=> www.plaintray.com