Posted to dev@geode.apache.org by Owen Nichols <on...@vmware.com> on 2022/02/25 23:43:44 UTC

Commit message review opt-in

If you received an automated-looking PR review comment from onichols-pivotal in the past few weeks without consent, I apologize and have withdrawn it.

If you would like to continue receiving these automated reviews, you may opt-in by emailing me your github username (also let me know if you want your Draft PRs included or not).

Geode’s guidelines for commit messages should be interpreted as suggestions, not rules.  All Geode committers are welcomed with "we like to work on trust, not unnecessary restrictions".  I hope this change to opt-in better reflects that spirit.

Re: Commit message review opt-in

Posted by Owen Nichols <on...@vmware.com>.
Thanks Eric, I have added you as requested.

From: Eric Zoerner <zo...@vmware.com>
Date: Thursday, March 3, 2022 at 12:00 PM
To: Owen Nichols <on...@vmware.com>
Cc: dev@geode.apache.org <de...@geode.apache.org>
Subject: Re: Commit message review opt-in
I would like to opt-in. GitHub user name is ezoerner, and yes include draft PRs

From: Owen Nichols <on...@vmware.com>
Date: Friday, February 25, 2022 at 15:44
To: geode <de...@geode.apache.org>
Subject: Commit message review opt-in

Posted by Eric Zoerner <zo...@vmware.com>.
I would like to opt-in. GitHub user name is ezoerner, and yes include draft PRs

From: Owen Nichols <on...@vmware.com>
Date: Friday, February 25, 2022 at 15:44
To: geode <de...@geode.apache.org>

Posted by Kirk Lund <kl...@apache.org>.
So, we just submit edits to COMMITWATCHERS going forward?

Thanks Owen!

Posted by Owen Nichols <on...@vmware.com>.

From: Jacob Barrett <ja...@vmware.com>
Date: Friday, March 4, 2022 at 1:20 PM

From: Udo Kohlmeyer <ud...@vmware.com>>
Date: Friday, March 4, 2022 at 1:03 PM
To: dev@geode.apache.org<ma...@geode.apache.org> <de...@geode.apache.org>>
I’ll opt-in please.

--Udo

From: Owen Nichols <on...@vmware.com>>
Date: Saturday, February 26, 2022 at 10:44 AM
To: geode <de...@geode.apache.org>>

Posted by Owen Nichols <on...@vmware.com>.
If someone were to complain that PR review comments from me were made without consent, I would like to be able to cite a public record showing that in fact consent had been given.

Your mail client likely has a ‘mute this thread’ feature for this or any other dev list discussion to cut down on “noise” if that is your concern.

From: Jacob Barrett <ja...@vmware.com>
Date: Friday, March 4, 2022 at 1:26 PM
To: dev@geode.apache.org <de...@geode.apache.org>

> On Mar 4, 2022, at 1:22 PM, Owen Nichols <on...@vmware.com> wrote:
>
> Unfortunately, I cannot add anyone to the opt-in list without a record of the request on the dev list (much like wiki, jira, or similar requests).

Source?

Given this is not a request to gain access to any protected project assets I fail to understand why we all need to get emails regarding the requests.

Re: Commit message review opt-in

Posted by Jacob Barrett <ja...@vmware.com>.

From: Udo Kohlmeyer <ud...@vmware.com>>
Date: Friday, March 4, 2022 at 1:03 PM
To: dev@geode.apache.org<ma...@geode.apache.org> <de...@geode.apache.org>>
I’ll opt-in please.

--Udo

From: Owen Nichols <on...@vmware.com>>
Date: Saturday, February 26, 2022 at 10:44 AM
To: geode <de...@geode.apache.org>>

Posted by Jacob Barrett <ja...@vmware.com>.

From: Udo Kohlmeyer <ud...@vmware.com>>
Date: Friday, March 4, 2022 at 1:03 PM
To: dev@geode.apache.org<ma...@geode.apache.org> <de...@geode.apache.org>>
I’ll opt-in please.

--Udo

From: Owen Nichols <on...@vmware.com>>
Date: Saturday, February 26, 2022 at 10:44 AM
To: geode <de...@geode.apache.org>>

Posted by Owen Nichols <on...@vmware.com>.
Thanks Udo, I have added kohlmu-pivotal as requested, for non-draft PRs only.

From: Udo Kohlmeyer <ud...@vmware.com>
Date: Friday, March 4, 2022 at 1:03 PM
To: dev@geode.apache.org <de...@geode.apache.org>
I’ll opt-in please.

--Udo

From: Owen Nichols <on...@vmware.com>
Date: Saturday, February 26, 2022 at 10:44 AM
To: geode <de...@geode.apache.org>

Posted by Udo Kohlmeyer <ud...@vmware.com>.
I’ll opt-in please.

--Udo

From: Owen Nichols <on...@vmware.com>
Date: Saturday, February 26, 2022 at 10:44 AM
To: geode <de...@geode.apache.org>

Posted by Owen Nichols <on...@vmware.com>.
Thanks Kirk, I have added you as requested.

From: Kirk Lund <kl...@apache.org>
Date: Thursday, March 3, 2022 at 10:18 AM
To: dev@geode.apache.org <de...@geode.apache.org>
I'd like to opt-in for this Owen. Thanks!

-Kirk

Posted by Kirk Lund <kl...@apache.org>.