Posted to dev@aurora.apache.org by Zameer Manji <zm...@apache.org> on 2016/04/13 20:24:25 UTC

Bug in pants and pex effecting python bdist resolution

Hey,

This is only a note for developers that maintain a fork where you have
changed some of the versions of the dependencies. Our current version of
pants (0.0.80) depends on pex 1.1.4 which suffers from this issue
<https://github.com/pantsbuild/pex/issues/226>. As a result if you attempt
to change any of the dependencies to version that have a `_` or `-` in
them, pants will not be able to resolve the dependency and build the
artifact.

I have asked a pants developer to downgrade pex
<https://github.com/pantsbuild/pants/pull/3184> in pants to a version that
does not have this issue. Once that version is released, I will be sure to
upgrade pants in our repo.

--
Zameer Manji