Posted to users@kafka.apache.org by Mark <st...@gmail.com> on 2011/12/08 17:23:29 UTC

Clients

Are consumer/producer clients typically written in Java or Scala? Are
they both full-featured?

Are there any reasons why the kafka-rb gem couldn't be full featured
supporting both queuing and pub-sub models?

Thanks

Re: Clients

Posted by David Ormsbee <da...@datadoghq.com>.
There is some ZooKeeper stuff towards the bottom of:

 http://incubator.apache.org/kafka/design.html

It's a good overview of how it works, but it's not totally accurate or
complete. I've been looking through Scala client code and occasionally
bugging this mailing list. I'll try to organize my notes and add it to the
wiki sometime early next week.

Take care.

Dave

Re: Clients

Posted by Mark <st...@gmail.com>.
David,

Re: Clients

Posted by David Ormsbee <da...@datadoghq.com>.
Hi Mark,

Re: Clients

Posted by Jun Rao <ju...@gmail.com>.
No, it's just that nobody has done that yet.

Jun

Re: Clients

Posted by Mark <st...@gmail.com>.

Re: Clients