Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by NM...@sw.rr.com on 2006/04/10 03:03:25 UTC

Strange problem with startup, InvocationTargetException

I am trying to get Liferay Portal 4.0.0RC1 up and running on an existing
installation of Tomcat 5.5.12 using JDK 1.5.0_05. Everything is set up
according to the instructions, but when I go to start the Tomcat server
I get the following exceptions:

java:39)
at sun.reflect.DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(DelegatingMethodAcces
sorImpl.java:25)
at org.apache.catalina.startup.Bootstrap.start(Bootstrap.java:275)
at org.apache.catalina.startup.Bootstrap.main(Bootstrap.java:413)
at org.apache.catalina.startup.Catalina.await(Catalina.java:600)
at org.apache.catalina.startup.Catalina.start(Catalina.java:560)
... 6 more

If I remove the JNDI resource element that creates jdbc/LiferayPool, the
server will start successfully, but the portal application throws up a
ton of exceptions (obviously). Can anybody tell me why adding the
element shown below to my Context element in server.xml would cause
Tomcat to freak out? I have also tried setting up the resource in the
GlobalNamingResources area, and it still causes Tomcat to fail to start.

<Resource
name="jdbc/LiferayPool"
auth="Container"
type="javax.sql.DataSource"
description="Liferay JDBC resource"
driverClassName="com.mysql.jdbc.Driver"
url="jdbc:mysql://localhost/lportal?useUnicode=true&characterEncoding=UTF-8"
username="******"
password="******"
maxActive="100"
maxIdle="30"