Posted to dev@etch.apache.org by Scott Comer <we...@me.com> on 2011/06/07 09:28:15 UTC

Status report

Who's doing?

Send me anything you want included and i'll do it...

Sent from my iPhone

Re: Status report

Posted by Holger Grandy <gr...@apache.org>.
Hi Scott,

our points for the report:

1.) we got a larger contribution of a UDP Binding from BMW Research /
Itestra via Jira. It enables Signals (~ Publish/Subscribe for Properties)
and UDP Broad- and Multicasting of Etch messages, as well as a proposal for
a mechanism of handling multiple etch client connections on the server via
one stack ("single session"). review is in progress.
2.) we joined the Apache Retreat in Knockree, Ireland and got to know other
Apache people.
3.) C++ Binding is currently in development (nothing to publish yet, but it
will come), and a new developer (Martin Veith) will join the Etch team here
at Car IT and will contribute code to the project (perhaps he will be able
to become a committer at some point in the future)
4.) we fixed some smaller bugs in the C, Java and C# bindings
5.) transition to new CMS system is on its way, some more copying of
existing text/documentation has to be done
6.) we are looking forward to more contributions from BMW Research / Itestra
regarding Service Management in the future.

future tasks:
1.) integrate contributed third-party code
2.) make CMS switch
3.) C++ binding

Thanks a lot,
Holger