Posted to users@maven.apache.org by Jeff Mutonho <ej...@gmail.com> on 2006/11/27 10:52:53 UTC

Failed maven-scm-plugin: Check in

I'm trying to check in an ear file into CVS .When I run the command
'mvn scm:checkin' , the check in is failing with the following message
:

[DEBUG] Configuring mojo 'org.apache.maven.plugins:maven-scm-plugin:1.0-SNAPSHOT
:checkin' -->
[DEBUG]   (f) basedir = D:\MAVEN-WORK\eportal-ear
[DEBUG]   (f) connectionType = developerConnection
[DEBUG]   (s) connectionUrl = scm:cvs:pserver:mutonj:mutonj@165.148.216.14:/var/
lib/cvsroot:pragmaticusEportal/dev/eportal-ear
[DEBUG]   (f) developerConnectionUrl = scm:cvs:pserver:mutonj:mutonj@165.148.216
.14:/var/lib/cvsroot:pragmaticusEportal/dev/eportal-ear
[DEBUG]   (f) includes = "**/*.ear"
[DEBUG]   (f) message = Ear file test commit
[DEBUG]   (f) settings = org.apache.maven.settings.Settings@1cd107f
[DEBUG] -- end configuration --
[INFO] [scm:checkin]
[INFO] Executing: cvs -z3 -f -d :pserver:mutonj@165.148.216.14:/var/lib/cvsroot
-q commit -R -F C:\DOCUME~1\mutonhj\LOCALS~1\Temp\scm-commit-message61509.txt
[INFO] Working directory: D:\MAVEN-WORK\eportal-ear
[ERROR] Provider message:
[ERROR] The cvs command failed.
[ERROR] Command output:
[ERROR] cvs commit: in directory .:
cvs [commit aborted]: there is no version here; run 'cvs checkout' first

[ERROR] BUILD ERROR
[INFO] Command failed.The cvs command failed.
[DEBUG] Trace
org.apache.maven.lifecycle.LifecycleExecutionException: Command failed.The cvs c
ommand failed.

My plugin is configured as shown below :
<plugin>
        <artifactId>maven-scm-plugin</artifactId>
        <version>1.0-SNAPSHOT</version>
        <configuration>
         <connectionUrl>scm:cvs:pserver:mutonj:mutonj@165.148.216.14:/var/lib/cvsroot:pragmaticusEportal/dev/eportal-ear/</connectionUrl>
         <includes>"**/*.ear"</includes>
         <message>Ear file test commit</message>
        </configuration>
        <goals>
       <goal>checkin</goal>
      </goals>
      </plugin>

I've googled for the error and the  only explanation I can find seems
to be pointing to the idea that I'm trying to add the ear file to a
non-existent sub-directory , which isn't the case because
"pragmaticusEportal/dev/eportal-ear/" is indeed existent.

--

Jeff  Mutonho
Cape Town

GoogleTalk : ejbengine
Skype        : ejbengine
Registered Linux user number 366042

Re: Failed maven-scm-plugin: Check in

Posted by Jeff Mutonho <ej...@gmail.com>.
On 11/27/06, Emmanuel Venisse <em...@venisse.net> wrote:
> A working copy directory is the directory where you done the checkout. For CVS, it must contains a CVS directory.
>
> Emmanuel
Thanks.Seems sorted now.

Re: Failed maven-scm-plugin: Check in

Posted by Emmanuel Venisse <em...@venisse.net>.