Posted to user@mesos.apache.org by Hendrik Haddorp <he...@gmx.net> on 2019/09/27 15:49:46 UTC

reservations from terminated frameworks

Hi,

I have a custom framework running on Mesos 1.8 using static reservation
so that resources are reserved for a specific role. For some time I had
two instances of my framework running, each using its own principal.
Each instance reserved resources and created persistent volumes. Then I
terminated one of the frameworks. But in the resource offers I get for
the still running instance I still see reservations done by the
principal of the now terminated framework. Why is that and how can get
rid of those resources?

thanks,
Hendrik

Re: reservations from terminated frameworks

Posted by Benjamin Mahler <bm...@apache.org>.
Hi Hendrik, currently reservations are tied to a role, not framework. In
this case, it's a static reservation which means you need to update the
agent configuration and restart it destructively (we don't currently
support a non-destructive non-additive agent resources change). If it was a
dynamic reservation, you could send an unreserve operation to the master
instead.