Posted to user@karaf.apache.org by Frank Langel <fr...@frankjlangel.com> on 2015/02/04 13:35:56 UTC

Re: Use of CXF in Karaf 3.x (Why at all)

Hi Christian,
Thanks a lot for your reply. Much appreciated. Do you know how to work
around the problem for this expection? org.apache.cxf.jaxws.spi.ProviderImpl
not found?
It shows up under Karaf 3.0.2, but not when using standalone Felix and
bundle tools. Do I need to specify a default javax provider ?
: javax.xml.ws.spi.FactoryFinder$ConfigurationError: Provider
org.apache.cxf.jaxws.spi.ProviderImpl not found
	at javax.xml.ws.spi.FactoryFinder$2.run(FactoryFinder.java:143)[:2.4.0]
	at
javax.xml.ws.spi.FactoryFinder.doPrivileged(FactoryFinder.java:251)[:2.4.0]
	at
javax.xml.ws.spi.FactoryFinder.newInstance(FactoryFinder.java:137)[:2.4.0]
My -runsystempackages:\
sun.misc,\

com.sun.xml.internal.bind,\

com.sun.xml.internal.ws.api.message
Thanks a lot
Frank
CXF provides a lot more features than the plain JDK JaxWS and JaxRS impls.
It is also quite a bit faster for some scenarios. Last but not least it
fixes security
bugs that are often still open in the JDK versions.

On the other hand if you do not miss any features and are fine with the
speed then
using the JDK versions is fine and definately more light weight.

Christian

On 15.01.2015 17:13, flangel wrote:
> Hi,
>
> we are using pure Apache Felix in development (no Karaf) and deploy the
> bundles to Karaf. In the pure Felix environment, the
> com.sun.xml.internal.ws.api.message and com.sun.xml.internal.bind are
> exposed by the JVM by adding it to org.osgi.framework.system.packages.extra
>
> In Karaf, what is the advantage of using CXF. Is there any disadvantage of
> adding the packages to org.osgi.framework.system.packages.extra and using
> the JVM provided functionality instead of CXF ?
>
> I dont want to use CXF if I dont have to as it bloats my Karaf.
>
> Thanks
> Frank

Christian Schneider
http://www.liquid-reality.de