Posted to soap-user@xml.apache.org by sa...@123india.com on 2001/04/26 06:57:25 UTC

XMethod Problem

Dear Mr. Ashok,

I developed a TempClient (see below) class as per u'r suggestion.
But I am getting the Error  like:

**************************** Error*****************
[SOAPException: faultCode=SOAP-ENV:Protocol; msg=Unsupported response content ty
pe "text/html", must be: "text/xml". Response was:

<META HTTP-EQUIV="Content-Type" CONTENT="text/html; charset=iso-8859-1"></head>

<h2>HTTP Error 407</h2>

.  Please log on to your proxy server, and then try again.</p>

]
        at org.apache.soap.rpc.Call.getEnvelopeString(Call.java:173)
        at org.apache.soap.rpc.Call.invoke(Call.java:210)
        at TempClient.getTemp(TempClient.java:39)
        at TempClient.main(TempClient.java:59)
****************************End of  Error*****************

****************************Java Code*******************
import java.io.*;
import java.net.*;
import java.util.*;
import org.apache.soap.util.xml.*;
import org.apache.soap.*;
import org.apache.soap.rpc.*;
import org.apache.soap.transport.http.SOAPHTTPConnection;

public class TempClient{

    public static float getTemp (URL url, String zipcode) throws Exception {

	SOAPHTTPConnection conn = new SOAPHTTPConnection();
	 conn.setProxyHost("proxy IP");
	 conn.setProxyPort(80);
	 conn.setUserName("ID");
	 conn.setPassword("Paswd");

	Call call = new Call ();
    call.setSOAPTransport(conn);

        // Service uses standard SOAP encoding
	String encodingStyleURI = Constants.NS_URI_SOAP_ENC;
	call.setEncodingStyleURI(encodingStyleURI);

        // Set service locator parameters
	call.setTargetObjectURI ("urn:xmethods-Temperature");
	call.setMethodName ("getTemp");

        // Create input parameter vector
	Vector params = new Vector ();
	params.addElement (new Parameter("zipcode", String.class, zipcode, null));
	call.setParams (params);

        // Invoke the service ....
        Response resp = call.invoke (url,"");

       // ... and evaluate the response
	if (resp.generatedFault ()) {
	    throw new Exception();
	} else {
          // Call was successful. Extract response parameter and return result
	    Parameter result = resp.getReturnValue ();
	    Float rate=(Float) result.getValue();
	    return rate.floatValue();
	}
    }

// Driver to illustrate service invocation
    public static void main(String[] args)
    {
    try
	{
	    URL url=new URL("http://services.xmethods.com:80/soap/servlet/rpcrouter");
	    String zipcode= "94041";
	    float temp = getTemp(url,zipcode);
	    System.out.println(temp);
	}
    catch (Exception e) {e.printStackTrace();}
    }
}

Please see it and suggest me the solution.
By using the same user I.D and Passwd I am able to connect to the site using browser.

TIA
S.S.Rao