Posted to users@jackrabbit.apache.org by "Chu, Jason (Hing Nin)" <jc...@epsilon.com> on 2012/09/20 18:09:20 UTC

No XASession for remote JackRabbit access?

Hi,

I am wondering if there is an XASession implementation for remote JackRabbit access.  The application I am working on is accessing the JackRabbit server by using the JcrUtils.getRepository("http://...") API call.  It is always returning me a normal Session instead of XASession.  I need the XASession in order to make JackRabbit to participant in a JTA transaction.

So far, I have no success in putting the JackRabbit calls to a JTA transaction if we use "http://..." to access the remote JackRabbit server.

Am I doing anything wrong?  Please help.

Jason

________________________________

This e-mail and files transmitted with it are confidential, and are intended solely for the use of the individual or entity to whom this e-mail is addressed. If you are not the intended recipient, or the employee or agent responsible to deliver it to the intended recipient, you are hereby notified that any dissemination, distribution or copying of this communication is strictly prohibited. If you are not one of the named recipient(s) or otherwise have reason to believe that you received this message in error, please immediately notify sender by e-mail, and destroy the original message. Thank You.

AW: No XASession for remote JackRabbit access?

Posted by KÖLL Claus <C....@TIROL.GV.AT>.
Hi Jason,

I think you must use a other deployment model.
If you want that jackrabbit is participating to a XA Transaction
you must obtain the Repository through JNDI as a JCA Resource.

You can find a documentation how to define such JCA Resource
http://wiki.apache.org/jackrabbit/JackrabbitOnJBoss

http://jackrabbit.apache.org/deployment-models.html describes different deployment models ...

greets
claus

Re: No XASession for remote JackRabbit access?

Posted by Angela Schreiber <an...@adobe.com>.
hi

i are right assuming that there is no XASession implementation
for the remote jackrabbit access. in the very beginning i
was playing around with it but i didn't find a reasonable way
to do it without violating specifications... since we didn't
have an urgent need for that i didn't investigate further.

suggestions and patches are as usual welcome.

kind regards
angela