Posted to dev@felix.apache.org by Arjun Panday <ar...@alcatel-lucent.com> on 2012/07/20 12:29:14 UTC

status of SCR in trunk?

Hi,

We'd need the latest SCR patches on a production release. What is the
level of confidence with the current status of the trunk? Is it about to
be released or are there still pending issues to be addressed?

Thanks,
Arjun

Re: status of SCR in trunk?

Posted by David Jencks <da...@yahoo.com>.
I need to, basically, apply the patch from https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/FELIX-3456, and there are a few more issues to resolve.

One I haven't mentioned before is that we implement DS 1.2 but are exporting DS 1.1 (and using the 1.1 classes).  I can't find any code differences between 1.1 and 1.2 but I think the 1.2 classes are compiled with a java 5 class format which won't work on pre java 5 vms.  But we have to export the version at 1.2 if that's what we're implementing.  So is this the end of supporting earlier vms?  I'm not an expert on this, ideas welcome.

thanks
david jencks