Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by Zsolt Koppany <zk...@web.de> on 2002/02/18 09:48:18 UTC

Duplicated thread name and new line log4j printing bug?

Hi,

I use log4j-1.1.3 from tomcat-4.0.2 and found a strange behaviour.

When I modify and recompile a servlet, tomcat reloads it, and after the
servlet is reloaded I get the thread name printed twice.

Is it possible re-init log4j?

Here is the instruction how I create the Catagory instance:

private static Category log = Category.getInstance(Security.class.getName());

Before reload:
DEBUG cv.servlet.TopPage     - includePage:</copyright.html>
[HttpProcessor[8080][0]]

After reload:
DEBUG cv.servlet.TopPage     - includePage:</copyright.html>
[HttpProcessor[8080][2]]
 [HttpProcessor[8080][2]]

What is wrong?

Zsolt