Posted to users@cocoon.apache.org by Elisa Green <el...@sheridanc.on.ca> on 2001/09/05 17:06:44 UTC

fp taglibs - race conditions?

The project I am working on does not need a full-fledged database
application so the simplicity of the fp taglibs is attractive,
but I have been unable to find any information on managing race
conditions?  Is it best to look for another solution or does
cocoon handle this?

My setup here:
Apache 1.3
JDK 1.3.0
Tomcat 3.2.2
Cocoon 1.8.2

Any ideas or suggestions would be welcome.

Elisa
elisa.green@sheridanc.on.ca

Re: fp taglibs - race conditions?

Posted by Elisa Green <el...@sheridanc.on.ca>.
Jeremy Quinn wrote:

> At 11:06 AM -0400 5/9/01, Elisa Green wrote:
> >The project I am working on does not need a full-fledged database
> >application so the simplicity of the fp taglibs is attractive,
> >but I have been unable to find any information on managing race
> >conditions?  Is it best to look for another solution or does
> >cocoon handle this?
>
> The FP Taglib in it's current state would not deal well with two people
> trying to modify the same file at the same time, if that is what you mean
> by a race condition.

Yes, that is what I meant.

Thank you.

Posted by Jeremy Quinn <je...@media.demon.co.uk>.
At 11:06 AM -0400 5/9/01, Elisa Green wrote:
>The project I am working on does not need a full-fledged database
>application so the simplicity of the fp taglibs is attractive,
>but I have been unable to find any information on managing race
>conditions?  Is it best to look for another solution or does
>cocoon handle this?

The FP Taglib in it's current state would not deal well with two people
trying to modify the same file at the same time, if that is what you mean
by a race condition.

regards Jeremy

                                                       webSpace Design
                                            HyperMedia Research Centre