Posted to common-user@hadoop.apache.org by Bharath R <r....@huawei.com> on 2010/12/30 06:25:08 UTC

Need some clarification on contributing...

Hi ,

I am representing a private firm, and we have a team working on Hadoop
"0.20.1" and we have done some bug fixes for our internal customers. Now ,
we want to contribute our changes back to open src and we are expecting that
our bug fixes may be reflected in the future major / minor releases , so
that we can directly use the
latest open src release of Hadoop to use the new features of the latest
Hadoop.

We have below queries w.r.t contributing to the community

1) Which would be the most appropriate branch or trunk we need to
contribute?

2) If we contribute in "0.20.1" tagged release , whether this will be
reflected in the upcoming "0.22.0" release  ?

3) Should we need to prepare two separate patched for "0.20.1" and "0.22.0
trunk" version. ?

Your early response would be highly appreciated !

Regards
Bharath R

http://bharath.sosblog.com <http://bharath.sosblog.com/>

HUAWEI TECHNOLOGIES CO.,LTD.
Bangalore
www.huawei.com
This e-mail and its attachments contain confidential information from
HUAWEI, which
is intended only for the person or entity whose address is listed above. Any
use of the
information contained herein in any way (including, but not limited to,
total or partial
disclosure, reproduction, or dissemination) by persons other than the
intended
recipient(s) is prohibited. If you receive this e-mail in error, please
notify the sender by