Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by Douglas Miller <do...@themetacity.com> on 2009/04/17 02:20:41 UTC

Sharing an abandoned connection pool help

Hi everyone

I have several web apps that are getting info from a database under
the same username. I had it set up with a context in each app. However
I have a limit on the number of connection I am allowed to have and I
run into  an issue with one app dominating the pool.

For example, I have 10 connections (limited at the DB level) available
to me and would like every app to have access to all 10. However if I
put this in the context then the first app to use the pool will 'own'
those connections and the other apps get nothing. Giving each app a
set number of connection, like 2, 3, and 5, does not seem like a good
solution.

I tried putting the context in the conf/Catalina/myhost/
context.xml.default file and got much the same results.

I would really love a solution that allows me to share the connection
pool for each of the apps.

Re: Sharing an abandoned connection pool help

Posted by Douglas Miller <do...@themetacity.com>.
*facepalm* I really should have found that reading the docs on my own,
but thank you muchly for the help anyway. It works like a charm.

Posted by "Caldarale, Charles R" <Ch...@unisys.com>.