Posted to dev@bigtop.apache.org by Jay Vyas <ja...@gmail.com> on 2014/03/21 19:11:35 UTC

Thanks for BIGTOP-1200 and BIGTOP-952

Hey bigtop ! Just wanted to thank everyone that helped me with BIGTOP-1200,
BIGTOP-952

- Roman for the original patch i stole
- Cos for helping get the format right, tireless immediate reviews,and
refining the code to perfection
- Mark also for helping refine the code, formatting, and logic line by line.
- Anyone else i might have forgotten !

Here is why this is important to us.... We want all file systems to be
first class citizens in the hadoop ecosystem, and we're working hard to
this end.

Now we can take the work which is in BIGTOP, and use it demonstrate to the
broader community how they can feedback into the bigtop community for a
independant standard of provisioning file systems.

My next HCFS Goals will be bridging the gap between ambari and the bigtop /
hcfs community, wherever possible:

https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/AMBARI-5181

So , just saying thanks for helping me to maintain HCFS compliance inside
of bigtop.  This is going to make hadoop even more universal in the big
data space, and ensure that all of us have the ability to provide extremely
pluggable, high quality storage solutions to the mapreduce and yarn
universe.

Now, onwards and upwards with BIGTOP-1235 !!!!!!!!!!!

See you folks in denver.
--
Jay Vyas
http://jayunit100.blogspot.com

Re: Thanks for BIGTOP-1200 and BIGTOP-952

Posted by Konstantin Boudnik <co...@apache.org>.
Good one Jay! Thanks for being patient and responsive! The feature is the good
one indeed and it's great to see Bigtop being reactive to the customers needs!

We are certainly looking forward for more of your contributions!
  Cos