Posted to users@isis.apache.org by Erik de Hair <e....@pocos.nl> on 2015/08/25 14:12:59 UTC

Exception while deploying application using (1.9.0-SNAPSHOT)

Hi,

When starting our application on embedded Tomcat (after upgrading to
Isis 1.9.0-SNAPSHOT) I get the following exception:

SEVERE: Exception starting filter WicketFilter
java.lang.NoSuchMethodError:
org.apache.isis.core.metamodel.services.ServicesInjectorDefault: method
<init>()V not found
     at
org.apache.isis.core.runtime.system.persistence.PersistenceSessionFactory.<init>(PersistenceSessionFactory.java:66)
     at
org.apache.isis.core.runtime.installerregistry.installerapi.PersistenceMechanismInstallerAbstract.createPersistenceSessionFactory(PersistenceMechanismInstallerAbstract.java:54)
     at
org.apache.isis.core.runtime.systemusinginstallers.IsisSystemUsingInstallers.obtainPersistenceSessionFactory(IsisSystemUsingInstallers.java:228)
     at
org.apache.isis.core.runtime.systemusinginstallers.IsisSystemAbstract.doCreateSessionFactory(IsisSystemAbstract.java:153)
     at
org.apache.isis.core.runtime.system.IsisSystemFixturesHookAbstract.init(IsisSystemFixturesHookAbstract.java:116)
     at
org.apache.isis.core.runtime.runner.IsisInjectModule.provideIsisSystem(IsisInjectModule.java:133)
     at
     at
     at
com.google.inject.internal.ProviderMethod.get(ProviderMethod.java:104)
     at
com.google.inject.internal.InternalFactoryToProviderAdapter.get(InternalFactoryToProviderAdapter.java:40)
     at
com.google.inject.internal.ProviderToInternalFactoryAdapter$1.call(ProviderToInternalFactoryAdapter.java:46)
     at
com.google.inject.internal.InjectorImpl.callInContext(InjectorImpl.java:1031)
     at
com.google.inject.internal.ProviderToInternalFactoryAdapter.get(ProviderToInternalFactoryAdapter.java:40)
     at com.google.inject.Scopes$1$1.get(Scopes.java:65)
     at
com.google.inject.internal.InternalFactoryToProviderAdapter.get(InternalFactoryToProviderAdapter.java:40)
     at
com.google.inject.internal.SingleFieldInjector.inject(SingleFieldInjector.java:53)
     at
com.google.inject.internal.MembersInjectorImpl.injectMembers(MembersInjectorImpl.java:110)
     at
com.google.inject.internal.MembersInjectorImpl$1.call(MembersInjectorImpl.java:75)
     at
com.google.inject.internal.MembersInjectorImpl$1.call(MembersInjectorImpl.java:73)
     at
com.google.inject.internal.InjectorImpl.callInContext(InjectorImpl.java:1024)
     at
com.google.inject.internal.MembersInjectorImpl.injectAndNotify(MembersInjectorImpl.java:73)
     at
com.google.inject.internal.MembersInjectorImpl.injectMembers(MembersInjectorImpl.java:60)
     at
com.google.inject.internal.InjectorImpl.injectMembers(InjectorImpl.java:944)
     at
org.apache.isis.viewer.wicket.viewer.IsisWicketApplication.init(IsisWicketApplication.java:256)
     at webapp.PortalApplication.init(PortalApplication.java:94)
     at org.apache.wicket.Application.initApplication(Application.java:823)
     at
org.apache.wicket.protocol.http.WicketFilter.init(WicketFilter.java:424)
     at
org.apache.wicket.protocol.http.WicketFilter.init(WicketFilter.java:351)
     at
org.apache.catalina.core.ApplicationFilterConfig.initFilter(ApplicationFilterConfig.java:281)
     at
org.apache.catalina.core.ApplicationFilterConfig.getFilter(ApplicationFilterConfig.java:262)
     at
org.apache.catalina.core.ApplicationFilterConfig.<init>(ApplicationFilterConfig.java:107)
     at
org.apache.catalina.core.StandardContext.filterStart(StandardContext.java:4775)
     at
org.apache.catalina.core.StandardContext.startInternal(StandardContext.java:5452)
     at org.apache.catalina.util.LifecycleBase.start(LifecycleBase.java:150)
     at
org.apache.catalina.core.ContainerBase$StartChild.call(ContainerBase.java:1559)
     at
org.apache.catalina.core.ContainerBase$StartChild.call(ContainerBase.java:1549)
     at
     at
     at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:745)

I've been checking the dependencies to see if any old libraries are
still referenced but can't find any that could corrupt the classpath. I
followed the steps in the migration document. Any idea?

Erik

Re: Exception while deploying application using (1.9.0-SNAPSHOT)

Posted by Dan Haywood <da...@haywood-associates.co.uk>.
On 26 August 2015 at 10:01, Erik de Hair <e....@pocos.nl> wrote:

> Tried this but have no AppManifest setup yet. Will do that.
>
>> When you say you are running via embedded Tomcat, what do you mean exactly
>> (is this mvn tomcat:run or similar?)
>>
> I was using mvn tomcat7:run-war. We do this is because we have some tokens
> in property-files to be replaced by filters (while creating the war)
> depending on the target server (development, test, production).

okay, I'll take a look at this...

> What is actually the most common way to run the application during
> development with the possibility to modify DB-connection info, hostname,
> port etc without keeping them in version control? I could externalize some
> configurations but not all, I believe.

The way we do this with Estatio is to override the configuration properties
as per [1]

An alternative approach is to specify an AppManifest (because the
AppManifest can programmatically override all the environment-specific
config properties using whatever mechanism it wanted, eg reading an
environment variable).

I expect that the AppManifest's feature list will grow as we work through
the use cases; but what's there is a useful start already.

Thx
Dan

[1]
http://isis.apache.org/guides/ug.html#_ug_deployment_externalized-configuration

Posted by Erik de Hair <e....@pocos.nl>.
Hi Dan,

On 08/25/2015 04:36 PM, Dan Haywood wrote:
> Hi Erik,
>
> hmm... not sure.  Just looking at the history of that class
> (ServiceInjectorDefault) and it's had an init(): void method for a long
> time (several years).  So the stacktrace doesn't seem very helpful.  Is
> there any more to it (eg underlying cause?)
The stacktrace I sent was the complete stacktrace. There's no more
information.
> Does the app run okay from the cmd line (using mvn -P self-host antrun:run
>    or   mvn jetty:run)?
It does run when using mvn jetty:run

Posted by Erik de Hair <e....@pocos.nl>.
On 08/26/2015 03:25 PM, Dan Haywood wrote:
> On 26 August 2015 at 14:21, Erik de Hair <e....@pocos.nl> wrote:
>
>>> I've got a file isis-core-runtime-1.9.0-SNAPSHOT.jar in my local mvn
>> repo. The corresponding source file shows the same content as in [1] but
>> when decompiling the class it shows an old version containing the default
>> constructor. There's a file isis-core-runtime-1.9.0-20150825.065820-165.jar
>> that has the right content in the source as well when decompiling.
>>
>> The jar in my WEB-INF/lib has the wrong version of the class also. Is the
>> jar in the central repo correct?
>>

> Central repo only contains released (not -SNAPSHOT) versions, so no.
I'm sorry, I meant the cloudbees repo.

> Probably the easiest way forward is just to clean out your local mvn repo
> and then rebuild Isis locally:
>
> rm -rf ~/.m2/repository/org/apache/isis
> mvn clean install -o
I did that several times. Removed our app from my local repo and the
full isis directory also.

Now something strange happens:
- when installing the dom-project the correct version is in the local
mvn repo
- but after installing the parent-project or web-project there's an
other/incorrect version in the local repo and this jar is included in
the war and thereby used after application startup :-( It looks like
some component depends on the snapshot-version
isis-core-runtime-1.9.0-20150705.104040-1

> We currently are doing the vote for 1.9.0, so hopefully we'll have the
> release proper out by beginning of next week.
Ok, I'll wait for that.

Posted by Dan Haywood <da...@haywood-associates.co.uk>.

Posted by Erik de Hair <e....@pocos.nl>.

Posted by Dan Haywood <da...@haywood-associates.co.uk>.
On 26 August 2015 at 13:12, Erik de Hair <e....@pocos.nl> wrote:

> On 08/25/2015 04:36 PM, Dan Haywood wrote:
>
>> Hi Erik,
>>
>> hmm... not sure.  Just looking at the history of that class
>> (ServiceInjectorDefault) and it's had an init(): void method for a long
>> time (several years).  So the stacktrace doesn't seem very helpful.  Is
>> there any more to it (eg underlying cause?)
>>
> Dan,
>
> I believe the <init> part from the 1st line of the stacktrace refers to a
> default constructor of ServicesInjectorDefault

ah yes, you are right on that.  I misread it before.

Posted by Erik de Hair <e....@pocos.nl>.
On 08/25/2015 04:36 PM, Dan Haywood wrote:
> Hi Erik,
>
> hmm... not sure.  Just looking at the history of that class
> (ServiceInjectorDefault) and it's had an init(): void method for a long
> time (several years).  So the stacktrace doesn't seem very helpful.  Is
> there any more to it (eg underlying cause?)
Dan,

I believe the <init> part from the 1st line of the stacktrace refers to
a default constructor of ServicesInjectorDefault that existed in

Posted by Dan Haywood <da...@haywood-associates.co.uk>.
Hi Erik,