Posted to solr-user@lucene.apache.org by rahulmodi <ra...@ge.com> on 2014/07/17 16:28:03 UTC

solr boosting any perticular URL

Hi There,

I am new to Solr. My client is asking me to boost a particular URL so that
it should appear on the top of the results.
I have already searched on various websites but i did not found boosting for
particular URL.

Please tell me whether this feature is available or not, if available then
how to achieve it.

Thanks
Rahul Modi

Re: solr boosting any perticular URL

Posted by Umesh Prasad <um...@gmail.com>.
PS : You can give huge boosts to url at query time on a per request basis.
Don't specify the bqs on solrconfig.xml .. Always determine add bqs for the
query at run time..

--
---
Thanks & Regards

Re: solr boosting any perticular URL

Posted by Umesh Prasad <um...@gmail.com>.
Or you can give huge boosts to url  at query time. If you are using dismax
then you can use bq
like bq = myfield:url1 ^ 5000000000 .. That will bring up url1 as the first
result always.

On 18 July 2014 15:27, benjelloun <an...@gmail.com> wrote:

> hello,
>
> before index the URL to a field in Solr, you can use java api(Solrj) and do
> a test
> if(URL=="....")
> index on  field1
> else
> index on field2
>

> then use edismax to boost a specific field:
> <requestHandler name="/select" class="solr.SearchHandler">
> <lst name="defaults">
>        <str name="echoParams">explicit</str>
>        <int name="rows">10</int>
> <str name="defType">edismax</str>
>        <str name="qf">
>            field1^5.0 field2^1.0
>            </str>
> </requestHandler>

---
Thanks & Regards
Umesh Prasad

Re: solr boosting any perticular URL

Posted by Michael Della Bitta <mi...@appinions.com>.
Rahul,

Check out the relevancy FAQ. You probably want to boost that field value at
index time, or use the query elevation component.

http://wiki.apache.org/solr/SolrRelevancyFAQ

Michael Della Bitta

Applications Developer

o: +1 646 532 3062