Posted to users@myfaces.apache.org by Darren McEntee <da...@amt-sybex.com> on 2007/07/19 12:02:27 UTC

[Trinidad] trinidad libraries in Netbeans

Hi,

Has anyone tried to use the Trinidad libraries in Netbeans or Sun Studio
Creator?

We have Netbeans 5.5 with the visual web pack installed.

We're creating a JSF web application. We're using Apache Myfaces
Trinidad, and want to add these JSF components to the Netbeans palette
so We can drag and drop the UI components as we need them.

Has anyone experience in setting up the Trinidad libraries in Netbeans?

I'd appreciated any help on this.

Best regards,

Darren.

1. The information contained in this E-mail, including any files transmitted with it, is confidential and may be legally privileged. This E-mail is intended only for the personal attention of the stated addressee(s). Any access to this E-mail, including any files transmitted with it, by any other person is unauthorised. If you are not an addressee, you must not disclose, copy, circulate or in any other way use or rely on the information contained in this E-mail or any files transmitted with it. Such unauthorised use may be unlawful. If you have received this E-mail in error, please inform the sender immediately and delete it and all copies from your system. You may not forward this E-mail without the permission of the sender.

2. The views expressed in this E-mail are those of the author, and do not necessarily represent the views of AMT-SYBEX. Internet communications are not secure and AMT-SYBEX cannot, therefore, accept legal responsibility for the contents of this message nor for any damage caused by viruses.

AMT-SYBEX Limited is a UK company, registration number GB03036807 at address The Spirella Building, Bridge Road, Letchworth, SG6 4ET.
AMT-SYBEX (NI) Limited is a UK company, registration number NI024104 at address Edgewater Office Park, Edgewater Rd, Belfast, BT3 9JQ.
For more information on the AMT-SYBEX Group visit http://www.amt-sybex.com

RE: [Trinidad] trinidad libraries in Netbeans

Posted by Darren McEntee <da...@amt-sybex.com>.
Thanks Michał,

Our client will be using the Sun app server.

Can you recommend any setup for this?

Thanks,

Darren.

Posted by Matthias Wessendorf <ma...@apache.org>.
Support for tools would be great,
Feel free to start contributing :-)

-Matthias

--
Matthias Wessendorf

further stuff:
mail: matzew-at-apache-dot-org

AW: [Trinidad] trinidad libraries in Netbeans

Posted by Fleischer Peter <pe...@munich-airport.de>.
For some projects it sure would be very useful. IMHO it would lower the entry level to JSF technology for a lot of users. But for a lot of projects this approach doesn't seam feasible to me, as Netbeans VWP doesn't support Facelets.

My personal preferred setup is using a Netbeans project without VWP (Yes, I don't use Eclipse as a matter of personal taste) and using project type "Web application". I recommend using the Netbeans plugin for Facelets support found under https://nbfaceletssupport.dev.java.net/.

Peter

Posted by Darren McEntee <da...@amt-sybex.com>.

Posted by Fleischer Peter <pe...@munich-airport.de>.

Posted by Michał 'Gandalf' Stawicki <st...@gmail.com>.