Posted to taglibs-dev@jakarta.apache.org by Lima Marcelo-EML047 <em...@motorola.com> on 2002/04/26 20:17:44 UTC

Image Taglib

Hi everyone,

I don't know if this is the correct place to post this to, as all I see on this list are CVS commits, but I'll give it a try:

I'm developing a tag library for dealing with images. My main motivation was the lack of a PHP-like function getimagesize in JSPs. I always thought this was important if you don't or can't know an image size a priori and don't like your HTML to jump all over the place after the page loads.

So I have the taglib working, I'm just improving it, but it's quick. It uses Marco Schmidt's ImageInfo class ( http://www.geocities.com/marcoschmidt.geo/image-info.html ).

I would like to know if there is similar work being done in the Jakarta project, or if not, if I can contribute this tag to the project.

Regards,
Marcelo

RE: Image Taglib

Posted by Abey Mullassery <ab...@mullassery.com>.
Hello,

I have developed a prototype with a set of Tags which did work with the
"headless" options.
I would like to add these to the sandbox so that we can finalize on the
framework.
The prototype has support for:-
	Scaling
	format change (GIF, PNG, JPEG, BMP)
	Gray scaling
	Border
	Text Overlay
	Image Overlay

I was just wondering if it can be displayed anywhere so that all developers
could see and discuss.

I can add it to the "sandbox" after I add some documentation and check the
license of distribution of the JAI (Java Advanced Imaging) classes which I
use.

Regards,

Abey M. Mullassery
e: abey@mullassery.com